Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Code: P2187 help please

Saint

Hello.
I was hoping for some help regarding my 2015 fiesta ST.

It threw up the code P2187 (system too lean at idle)

so far I’ve checked for vacuum leaks by using a DIY smoke machine, I plumbed it into the intake but couldn’t find any leaks.
is there another hose I can blow smoke into to check for a leak?

I checked the exhaust for leaks as well. I don’t know how well my method works but I pressurised the exhaust and sprayed soapy water on it to see if I could spot any bubbles but nothing.

next I replaced the MAF sensor with a genuine part but still get the code come back

I have a Foxwell scanner and it showed my long term fuel trims were really high at around 45%

The oxygen sensor output voltage bank 1 sensor 2 is 0.5 volts. Is that what it should be? I’m unsure

I’m not sure what my next plan of attack should be. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe something fuel related?
actually I can check the fuel rail pressure

I was thinking of checking the in tank fuel pump filter to see if that might be clogged but it’s a bit of a job because the only why to access it is to drop the tank

any help would be greatly appreciated

How many miles are on your car? Would it be possible one of your injectors is getting clogged?
I would change fuel filter and either throw in some injector cleaner or take the injectors out to clean them.
That would be my plan if I was in your shoes