Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coil pack upgrades

Where to find upgraded coil packs for 15’ FiST? I’m not having any luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Where to find upgraded coil packs for 15’ FiST? I’m not having any luck

Why? You dont need them stock is more than adequate. Go spend your money elsewhere.....besides there aren't any available.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #3
Why? You dont need them stock is more than adequate. Go spend your money elsewhere.....besides there aren't any available.

I’ve read that high boost levels and OEM coil packs can cause the breaking up or sputtering that I am experiencing. And I don’t want to spend the money on OEM coil packs if I can get aftermarket

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ve read that high boost levels and OEM coil packs can cause the breaking up or sputtering that I am experiencing. And I don’t want to spend the money on OEM coil packs if I can get aftermarket

What boost are you running? What Turbo? Are their any codes set?

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #5
What boost are you running? What Turbo? Are their any codes set?

I peak around 25psi and I’m on the stock turbo. Only code is for the cat. And a p0455 evap code

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I peak around 25psi and I’m on the stock turbo. Only code is for the cat. And a p0455 evap code

What tune? What cat are you running? Or no Cat? What plugs?

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #7
What tune? What cat are you running? Or no Cat? What plugs?

I’m in the process of getting a custom tune by Jason at DizzyTuning. But I can’t send him WOT logs due to this issue I’m having. And I’m catless. Ngk 11 iridium one step colder plugs. I bought two different sets of plugs to see if it was that but it wasnt

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m in the process of getting a custom tune by Jason at DizzyTuning. But I can’t send him WOT logs due to this issue I’m having. And I’m catless. Ngk 11 iridium one step colder plugs. I bought two different sets of plugs to see if it was that but it wasnt

Where they gapped to .026-.028? Why a custom tune on a stock snail? I'd get a flash tune.....did you check compression or leak down?

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #9
Where they gapped to .026-.028? Why a custom tune on a stock snail? I'd get a flash tune.....did you check compression or leak down?

It was a package deal. I got a free e30 custom tune with it. And it builds fine boost. And no I didn’t check compression

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #11
Was it doing this before you went catless?

No it wasn’t. But it ran fine for about a week or two. The issue started happening after I had to leave somewhere in a hurry and didn’t let the car warm up. Following that day it was doing this ever since

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No it wasn’t. But it ran fine for about a week or two. The issue started happening after I had to leave somewhere in a hurry and didn’t let the car warm up. Following that day it was doing this ever since

If It was me....I'd go back to catted as the no cat on a stock Turbo gains are negligible....plus you save the barking spiders in the sequoia national forest in Yosemite. Did you use any o2 trickery/ elbow for the the Down stream o2? Did you go the plugs also? Where did you buy them from? Did you use Di-electic grease on the plugs in the boots at all?

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #13
If It was me....I'd go back to catted as the no cat on a stock Turbo gains are negligible....plus you save the barking spiders in the sequoia national forest in Yosemite. Did you use any o2 trickery/ elbow for the the Down stream o2? Did you go the plugs also? Where did you buy them from? Did you use Di-electic grease on the plugs in the boots at all?

I have the o2 bung elbow but I never put it in. And I don’t believe the cat would make the my car break up in low rpms on full throttle. Plus I got rid of the cat

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have the o2 bung elbow but I never put it in. And I don’t believe the cat would make the my car break up in low rpms on full throttle. Plus I got rid of the cat

Put the elbow in....then contact Jason snd then he will have to send you a file so it tells the o2 what to do. What did you gap the plugs at?

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #15
Put the elbow in....then contact Jason snd then he will have to send you a file so it tells the o2 what to do. What did you gap the plugs at?

Pre-gapped from whoosh motorsports to .027

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Pre-gapped from whoosh motorsports to .027

Did you inspect the plugs before you put them in for possible shipping damage? Cracks in the porcelain? I think you might have a bad fuel pressure sensor possibly also. What's the mileage of the car?

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #17
Did you inspect the plugs before you put them in for possible shipping damage? Cracks in the porcelain? I think you might have a bad fuel pressure sensor possibly also. What's the mileage of the car?

Yeah I inspected all of them. Both sets

OP
Sean32
Thread Starter #18

And 65k