Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coilover Groaning

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
A few months back, during or after an autocross session I noticed that the front end of my car was groaning. Coast or roll a couple of MPH, engine out of gear and you could hear it as the car goes over terrain. Prior to this, I had a LSD installed, thus requiring transmission removal including my 4 point pierce brace. I replaced its 4 bolts with new and torqued to spec.

The noise has been getting worse. I have replaced both sway bar links and it has made no difference. With the link off, I jacked up each wheel. Both sides made some groaning noise but I have no idea if it is normal or not, seems to come from my coilovers. Very hard to localize. It could I suppose be the bearings of the lower A arm but I cannot tell.

Coilovers are MeisterR CRD's. They seem a pretty typical $1k setup. Does anyone know if there is some kind of maintenance or troubleshooting that I could perform on these? The car handles just fine, its just noisy. Every bolt I can find is tight. I have an alignment / diagnostic appointment in 3 weeks at a local speed shop to help figure it out, but I was hoping to narrow it down / eliminate the problem before then if I can.