Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Complete Knuckle & Wheel Hub Assembly?

Peterson

Premium Account
My Driver side rear has killed it’s second bearing in under 4 months. I think it’s time to replace the whole assembly, as something has to be causing the premature failure.

Part Number - C1BZ5A969A says it’s a rear wheel knuckle and hub assembly. I ordered it, and Ford only shipped the damn knuckle.

Here’s a link:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/steering/steering-parts-other/knuckle-and-hub-assy-6404095-1

So if this is incorrect, is there a part number I don’t see that will be the whole rear assembly? I’ve checked other sites as well, and it appears as if you can’t get a full knuckle/hub for the ST anywhere. What’s the deal? If you were to order all the 9 parts separately, it would be well over $300!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Sometimes it is best to TALK to a Ford parts dealer to make sure you get the correct part.
You could try this number DCPZ1104A

OP
Peterson

Peterson

Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Sometimes it is best to TALK to a Ford parts dealer to make sure you get the correct part.
That part number is for a non ST fiesta. Not for our cars.

I did. And she told me it was the whole thing. Then when the wrong part came, Ford parts told me to just take it back to the dealership I got it from (I ordered online). So that wasn’t very helpful either.

kevinatfms

It is a torsion beam with a bolt in hub. Are you thinking of the caliper bracket? Or are you trying to buy the torsion beam or the hub/bearing assembly? If the bearing is dying after only a few months you either have issues with bad quality parts(use Ford OE) or a bent torsion beam outer stub which is quite rare if you have never hit anything.

1603375152480.png

Last edited:

Erick_V

Are you trying to buy the torsion beam or the hub/bearing assembly? If the bearing is dying after only a few months you either have issues with bad quality parts(use Ford OE) or a bent torsion beam outer stub which is quite rare if you have never hit anything.
Sound like he’s trying to buy the entire hub assembly. Don’t forget to pick up the 8 bolts too, they’re stretch bolts

kevinatfms

Sound like he’s trying to buy the entire hub assembly. Don’t forget to pick up the 8 bolts too, they’re stretch bolts
I see what he is saying though.

If you search for the rear subframe and associated suspension items it shows a rear knuckle which is not correct for the application. It should show a bolt in hub/bearing with a caliper mount next to it. But it shows a pass through knuckle design which isnt correct.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My Driver side rear has killed it’s second bearing in under 4 months. I think it’s time to replace the whole assembly, as something has to be causing the premature failure.

Part Number - C1BZ5A969A says it’s a rear wheel knuckle and hub assembly. I ordered it, and Ford only shipped the damn knuckle.

Here’s a link:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/steering/steering-parts-other/knuckle-and-hub-assy-6404095-1

So if this is incorrect, is there a part number I don’t see that will be the whole rear assembly? I’ve checked other sites as well, and it appears as if you can’t get a full knuckle/hub for the ST anywhere. What’s the deal? If you were to order all the 9 parts separately, it would be well over $300!
+1, DCPZ-1104-A is what you want... See below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ford-Hub-Bearing-Assembly-DCPZ-1104-A/193705097794?epid=1311117834&hash=item2d19b93a42:g:dEEAAOSwgxpfgnY3&fits=Year:2016|Model:Fiesta|Submodel:ST|Engine+-+Liter_Display:1.6L|Make:Ford|Trim:ST+Hatchback+4-Door|Engine:1.6L+1596CC+97Cu.+In.+l4+GAS+DOHC+Turbocharged

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You sure? The pictures included in that listing show a drum brake application and the hub looks like it's got holes to access the adjusters. The ST hubs have no additional holes, which is important for us 4x100 folks.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think they use the same hub. You are going to have to ask your local dealer but I would say you should be good.

OP
Peterson

Peterson

Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
I think they use the same hub. You are going to have to ask your local dealer but I would say you should be good.
Confirmed at dealership. Ford does not sell a full assembly. You have to buy all $300+ worth of parts and build it yourself.

Junk yard it is...