Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Consensus on the best lowering springs?

Was looking at grabbing a pair of Whiteline off Whoosh. I'm looking for around a 1" drop at least and I've heard good? things about Whitelines? I'm currently running the stock 17" 2015 ST rims and tires.

I also have the Mountune springs. Four years and probably 40k miles on them, still going strong and no blown shocks. If I recall correctly, 1.1 inch drop in the front, .8 in the rear.

People have good things to say about the Whiteline set too.

OP
Esoterikk
Thread Starter #4
I've read from some of the searches that mountune are just rebranded eibachs and while those are still good the whitelines might be a better choice. I haven't found much direct comparison though as most people just went with mountune/cobb

the duke

I've read from some of the searches that mountune are just rebranded eibachs and while those are still good the whitelines might be a better choice. I haven't found much direct comparison though as most people just went with mountune/cobb
Mountunes are produced by Eibach however Eibach is a well known and respected company. I believe they are also a custom rate, much like how COBB are Eibachs but also a different rate.

Brianmc27

If you’re looking for a >1” drop I’d skip the Mountunes. Give the H&R Sports a look. White lines are good value too.

My Mountunes dropped about 0.6”

OP
Esoterikk
Thread Starter #7
I was looking at the H&R sports but read some issues with the super sports being shipped instead so kind of wrote them off, apparently whiteline is out of stock most places so i might have another look at the H&R

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Was looking at grabbing a pair of Whiteline off Whoosh. I'm looking for around a 1" drop at least and I've heard good? things about Whitelines? I'm currently running the stock 17" 2015 ST rims and tires.
It will depend on your objectives. If you are tracking the car, then Swifts are probably as close to a consensus as you're going to get. If you mainly want to lower it for aesthetic purposes and it's a daily driver, then there's no consensus (but lots of good options) ;)

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
If you’re looking for a >1” drop I’d skip the Mountunes. Give the H&R Sports a look. White lines are good value too.

My Mountunes dropped about 0.6”
Here is the information direct from Mountune about their springs. 5% (front OE springs 172lbs/in mountune 181lbs/in)

5% (rear OE 137lbs/in mountune 144lbs/in)

Ride height reduction Front 1.1"

Ride height reduction Rear .8”

Not sure why yours only dropped 0.6"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

Here is the information direct from Mountune about their springs. 5% (front OE springs 172lbs/in mountune 181lbs/in)

5% (rear OE 137lbs/in mountune 144lbs/in)

Ride height reduction Front 1.1"

Ride height reduction Rear .8”

Not sure why yours only dropped 0.6"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I’m aware of the advertised data - who knows why mine only dropped so much. Perhaps my springs with 42k on them were already a little tired and Mountune measured their delta off of fresh full height springs.

Either way, I’m happy with them - they just didn’t drop as much as I expected.

dmb

don't forget to cut the snubbers in two so you can keep the wheel travel. and if you like it the other way you can stack the two together. but i found the short travel sucks with a big dip in the road.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
don't forget to cut the snubbers in two so you can keep the wheel travel. and if you like it the other way you can stack the two together. but i found the short travel sucks with a big dip in the road.
Are you talking about the bump stops, or something else??

OP
Esoterikk
Thread Starter #16
How are the roads (condition of/frost heave/craters, etc.) up there in the great frozen north??
They exist. Ive gotten pretty good at dodging cracks. Frost pretty much destroys them as it thaws/freezes so they aren't great. I have a Forester STI on coilovers and it manages fine so they could be worse.

It's been reported by someone on here that Whiteline springs ride better than Eibach springs. I'm not really sure in what ways they were better, but I do run the Whitelines with B8 shocks and OE struts and enjoy it. I tried Koni Orange shocks and it was too soft, but the OE and B8s ride nicely with the Whitelines. It dropped the car a touch over an inch all around, less body roll/brake dive, and small choppy bumps are soaked up much better.

It's still a rough riding car and it always will be, but combined with the 205/50-16 tires I'm pretty pleased overall.

FJ16

If you are looking for daily drivability, avoid the Whitelines - I had them initially then swapped for Mountunes because I couldn't stand the ride.

OP
Esoterikk
Thread Starter #19
If you are looking for daily drivability, avoid the Whitelines - I had them initially then swapped for Mountunes because I couldn't stand the ride.
Really? I've heard the whitelines were generally softer than stock? Has anyone had experience with H&R? I know i want to drop an inch at least so i think that might rule out mountune/cobb

Really? I've heard the whitelines were generally softer than stock? Has anyone had experience with H&R? I know i want to drop an inch at least so i think that might rule out mountune/cobb
The Whitelines are stiffer - I believe the stock rate is around 170F and 135R (going off memory), while the Whitelines are roughly 220F and 165R.