Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Considering General AS5 ALL Season

I have to put 4 new tires....Im being offered tm4 general AS5 mounted, aligned and balanced for 479...any experience with these tires?
I live in South Florida and no autocross.

But spirited driver..highway driver

My original potenzas lasted me 20,000 miles..i have now the Firestone Indy 500..great tire but a 26,000 miles ghey are about to go....Dont want to compromise handling of vehicle.

Welcoming ideas, reviews and thoughts...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I have to put 4 new tires....Im being offered tm4 general AS5 mounted, aligned and balanced for 479...any experience with these tires?
I live in South Florida and no autocross.

But spirited driver..highway driver

My original potenzas lasted me 20,000 miles..i have now the Firestone Indy 500..great tire but a 26,000 miles ghey are about to go....Dont want to compromise handling of vehicle.

Welcoming ideas, reviews and thoughts...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
They are all seasons, so they will be a comprimise, especially in a climate like South Florida! I can imagine the hot Florida temps would make them greasy as hell.

You are lucky enough to be able to run summer tires year round, you should definitely take advantage of that! I live in the northeast, and need two sets of wheels to make the most out of the car's potential.

I refuse to compromise the car's fantastic handling/grip characteristics to save a few bucks. Even if that means storing my winter setup in the hallway closet of my apt! The wife wasnt not too happy, but some time and flowers smoothed it over [emoji253]

FYI, my "winter wheels" have the general gmax as05 on them. I can't speak for how they perform, as I have not run them yet.

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

I am looking to purchase a set of these in the next few weeks - I ran the previous gen AS03 for years on 2 different vehicles and they were excellent. The AS05s are highly rated in comparison testing, I imagine you will be pleased.

Florida is flat except for a few counties and it rains. I run the Direzza ZIII’s in the summer and AS3+ in the winter. The Dunlops will hydroplane on the highway with very little standing or running water. You have to go like 55 or less. How often are you getting stuck in torrential downpours is the question. Other than that I would run them. If it came down to only having one set of tires, hands down an AS/3.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
You can't really write this:

Then immediately follow it with this:

DEss
So, I should risk my life running summmer tires in the winter? I am doing what I can given my geographical area. I don't understand your point.

And Yes; to "truly" not sacrifice the car's fantastic handling characteristics, I should move to South Florida [emoji57]

Last edited:
Hate to say it. I went cheap with new tires since I was trying a stint as an uber driver. I got a brand called triangle. 40k warranty tires. I have had no issues in Florida with rain and drive like a crazy person. Best thing was the tires were about $250 installed. Figured if I even do any auto-x i will get dedicated wheels for it. I also went with 215/45R17 instead of 20/45R17. I think it fills the wheel arches a little better with stock suspension, gives a little more rim protection, and slightly less jarring when on bumpier surfaces

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Hate to say it. I went cheap with new tires since I was trying a stint as an uber driver...
You do what you gotta do. If I was using a car for Uber, I sure as hell wouldn't be buying summer performance tires that melt away.

Man oh man, if I ordered an Uber and got a FiST, I would lose my shit!!!! [emoji33]

I think there was a promotional thing here in the city (nyc) a few years back with Mattel/Hot Wheels, where you could get a Hellcat for an Uber.

Mikey456

U r brave doing Uber with a stick shift. Good luck. Stop and go with a stick is a pain in the butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did mostly at night. people were surprised and didn't notice til they could see. I have been driving stick for over 20 years though. Only 1 car has been auto. Hoity toity rich people in Winter Park love the Recaros and tip well, and the heated seat serve the millenials at Rollins well when it is cold..haha

You do what you gotta do. If I was using a car for Uber, I sure as hell wouldn't be buying summer performance tires that melt away.

Man oh man, if I ordered an Uber and got a FiST, I would lose my shit!!!! [emoji33]

I think there was a promotional thing here in the city (nyc) a few years back with Mattel/Hot Wheels, where you could get a Hellcat for an Uber.

If it had wheels going slow was the only thing happening in that shithole. AMHIK

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Let me start by saying that all-seasons WILL give up grip compared to a dedicated summer tire. No one can argue that.

That said, some all-seasons are actually very grippy. I myself run Federal SS595s in 215/40/17. They lose some of the intial turn-in response compared to the OE RE-71s, but they're also a nicer riding tire that has lasted me 35k+ miles and still looking meaty. I push these bad boys hard and very pleased with them.

At around $70 per tire, they're a bargain.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Oh my bad. I forgot the NY metro area was a wide open prairie with no traffic and homeless maniacs jumping in front of cars, buses and trucks. Nevermind all the 3rd world cabbies who don’t know what street signs are. Puhleez buddy. Btw Geotus is talking to you. Listen up

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Oh my bad. I forgot the NY metro area was a wide open prairie with no traffic and homeless maniacs jumping in front of cars, buses and trucks. Nevermind all the 3rd world cabbies who don’t know what street signs are. Puhleez buddy. Btw Geotus is talking to you. Listen up
Is it in your nature to be an asshole? Just curious... You like to take dumps on everything. Why is that? Crave (negative) attention? You think it's cool to arbitrarily shit on someone's hometown? I'm sure where you live is amazeballs, right??? The bestest place in the world, I'm sure. No meth-heads or anything like that. A place that little boys and girls from around the world dream about moving to when they grow up. Troll much?

And an FYI, nyc is a "HUUUUGE" area. It's comprised of 5 boroughs, with sprawling suburban landscape with big houses that have yards and green lawns, trees, parks, the ocean, tons of beaches and yes, open roads. It just depends on what part of nyc you are talking about. I'm connected to 5 highways where I live, stretching to all areas of nyc, Long Island, Westchester, and beyond. I find it a joy to drive here. Every night when I get home from work, I hop in the car and do various loops in and out of long island, queens and Brooklyn. One is never the same as the other. I feel quite lucky to be where I am, the perfect spot for nightly cruises. Although I do miss living two blocks from the beach in Brooklyn, Queens definitely has its benefits.

Coming from your previous posts on this forum; your broad, sweeping generalizations, ie ignorance, hardly comes as a surprise.

Last edited:

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Well that explains why your an asshole, lmao.
Whereabouts: Cortland, Albany, Syracuse, Long Island...? I can only imagine the pain and suffering you had to deal with out here [sarcasm]

I’m from up north but spent more time in the 5 boroughs than I wish to remember. I get people want to rep where they’re from but you can keep the NYC metropolitan area. It’s no different than all the other modern urban shitholes. Too many people crammed into too small an area. Survival of the fittest cockroaches. Humans aren’t meant to live like this but I rarely see humans in places like this