Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coolant looks low, should I be worried?

After washing my car yesterday I popped the hood to give everything a quick visual inspection and noticed the coolant level looked low.

IMG_20190804_141838.jpg

She's a 2016 with about 34k miles. The coolant level has always been between the Max. and Min. lines, so seeing it this low has be worried about a leak.

I live in an apartment, and don't have a jack or stands to get under the car to check for a leak. I'll add more coolant, but should I be worried about this?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I'd watch it. Looks for leaks - as in drips on the pavement - or for some funny smells. Nothing unusual from the tail pipe I'd assume? Add some and keep an eye out. Of course, you may still worry - but it's optional at this point, IMHO.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Mine is currently at the same level. 2016 with 92k on it.

You should definitely add some coolant. It's gonna need quite a bit to refill back to max. Just buy one prediluted bottle of motorcraft orange coolant. I'm guessing you'll pour between 1/4 to 1/2 of the new coolant bottle into that reservoir

Fill it only when engine is fully cold.

I'd monitor the coolant level once a week since it may not be a serious issue - especially if you don't smell anything unusual in the engine bay

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
2014 here and just noticed the same thing, really low. I'm going to take it easy tomorrow and pick up a some coolant.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I topped mine off the next week and it hasnt gone down at all. In 6 months. Maybe it was an air bubble 🤷

Erick_V

Looks about where mine is at 39k. I've noticed it before but it hasn't moved at all in the year or so I've been monitoring it