Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coolant System Bleed/Purge Air Procedure

I just installed a new radiator and some new hoses in my FiST because the originals were damaged in an accident. I filled the reservoir up with water and turned the car on to make sure some of it cycled through the cooling system. On my initial drive I drove the car for about 5 minutes and a couple of miles before all the lights came on the dashboard and showed the car was overheating. I stopped the car and pulled the plug on the top of the radiator (doh! shouldn't do that while it's hot) and a lot of steam rushed out. Anyway, I was wondering if there is an appropriate bleeding procedure for this since I want to fill the car up with Motorcraft Coolant + distilled water and don't want to risk having to flush the radiator and lose all the new coolant when I'm done. I'm assuming the car overheated because of the system not being properly bled since all the major components were replaced. Thanks for your help.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Watch this.[video]https://youtu.be/L5pNZ4JHsoY[/video]

This is the same for all vehicles. Flush run with cap off low idle, cycle everything add coolant as required. Repeat. It's not like an oil change you need to make sure there is little to no air before driving around.

rexdriver85

coolant venturi for the win. It sucks all the air out and creates a massive vacuum and then you put a hose in a bottle of coolant and magic. Your coolant system is filled and there is no air. Worth its weight in gold.

https://www.amazon.com/550500-AirLi...id=1475761401&sr=8-2&keywords=airlift+coolant

If you dont want to buy one canadian guy has it right ^^
Can verify, I've been using an Air Lift for almost 10 years now in a professional setting, indispensable tool. [emoji106]