Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

cover door jams after exterior color change

MNK

would it be possible to vinyl wrap or otherwise cover the door jams after doing a close door respray / exterior color change?

OP
M

MNK

Thread Starter #3
might have been cheaper to just have them spray the jams when doing a respray its not that big of a deal. Its glass out that starts costing.
Well didn't paint yet , just exploring options.. Guy said it will cost twice as much to do a full paint job compared to closed door spray d/t all the prep involved. So I'm looking for creative options to cover some of the other areas up.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I think you will find that the cost doing vinyl in the jams will be more than paint.
That area is very labor intensive.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well didn't paint yet , just exploring options.. Guy said it will cost twice as much to do a full paint job compared to closed door spray d/t all the prep involved. So I'm looking for creative options to cover some of the other areas up.
ya like D1 said above doing the jams in Vinyl will be more expensive and if the paint guy is telling you spraying the jams will double the price he is A: offering you a cheap lowball job to begin with or B is just straight up charging a lot for the overall job. Jam spraying does cost more but not double a complete outer spray. If he had told you it would be 30% more just for Jams.
For example I can get a complete jams and windows out job for around 3-4k . I can get a outerspray for around $2500 . I can get a complete wrap though for around $1500-2k . Have you thought about a complete wrap? As long as the paint on the car is not in bad shape its actually a really cool way to go these days.

If I had thought about before I bought my car I might have considered buying a Black car though for Instance. I would have been able to wrap it with ease and the Black parts could accent almost all colors I wrapped it in.
Now given all that I do like the color I selected. Plus though Ford offered it for three years its not that common.