Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cracked Motor Mount Bracket!

Hey Friends,

I recently was replacing my stock upper motor mounts with Vibra-Technics and while I was in there, I noticed a crack on the motor mount bracket where the passenger side motor mount bolts to the engine.

I bought the car used a few years ago, so I'm not sure if it was pre-existing damage, or perhaps more recent, but I'm unsure on how to fix this.

I tried to look up parts diagrams to see if this bracket was bolted to the block, or built into the block, but couldn't get a solid answer. It appears it may be part #3 Engine Mount Bracket BM5Z-6038-B, but I can't tell for sure.

Any suggestions for replacing this part or making a repair?

Thanks!

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
never seen that before Imagine they would have had to hit something hard. Is that a crack in the threaded hole into the head for the passenger side mount? That has major accident written all over it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
never seen that before Imagine they would have had to hit something hard. Is that a crack in the threaded hole into the head for the passenger side mount? That has major accident written all over it.
Id say possible curb check in its past*

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
The other thing I thought might be the cause is overtightening the stud. It has a rounded center piece that separates the lower thread into the bracket and the upper threading used for the nut on top.

Regardless looking for solutions. haha