Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CRC intake valve cleaner

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Has anyone used this and is it safe to use?
I was looking into this too, only like $16 US from Amazon... So it looks like it does HELP but should be done frequently, like every 10k, from new, to stay on top of it. I have also stories of it collecting in the head and causing steam and sputtering during the drive after and fouling spark plugs. At the VERY least, it has to be done right before changing the oil too. Bottom-line, I'd follow the directions carefully, and use the PCV connection at the crosspipe to spray into.

OP
lowda9
Thread Starter #3
I was looking into this too, only like $16 US from Amazon... So it looks like it does HELP but should be done frequently, like every 10k, from new, to stay on top of it. I have also stories of it collecting in the head and causing steam and sputtering during the drive after and fouling spark plugs. At the VERY least, it has to be done right before changing the oil too. Bottom-line, I'd follow the directions carefully, and use the PCV connection at the crosspipe to spray into.
I read that it could dislodge the carbon buildup and the pieces could get in between the pistons and cylinder and score the cylinder walls. Also read that there's a tsb from Ford that warns not to use this but I couldn't find the tsb myself.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I read that it could dislodge the carbon buildup and the pieces could get in between the pistons and cylinder and score the cylinder walls. Also read that there's a tsb from Ford that warns not to use this but I couldn't find the tsb myself.
Nah, it's not the full-on Valvoline shop done one that can remove too much at once, I think this is designed just to help with a little at a time and my car has only 15k on it so one of those things if I do as PM kind of thing now then it won't get too bad.