Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

cruise control and shift light quit working help!!

hey guys, so that's it, this monday i realised that my cruise control was not working and today i just realised that the shift light was not working aswell.... any idea where to start looking... are those 2 things the same problem?

this week end i changed my oem wheels for some svt focus ones with no tmps.. and the tmps light is on.... could it be that? i also installed a boost gauge... id like to troubleshooot a lil before running to the dealership...

thanks guys!!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
TPMS won't be the problem, have you checked all the fuses? Fuse box is located behind the glove box. You might have shorted something while installing the boost gauge.

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #3
its not even wired up yet.... only the pressure hose is connected... ill check the fuses tomorrow

can the tpms error disable the cruise and shift light..?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
its not even wired up yet.... only the pressure hose is connected... ill check the fuses tomorrow

can the tpms error disable the cruise and shift light..?
It won't, Ive been running without the TPMS for a year and have no issues with my Cruise and Shift light.

There's also another Fuse Box in the engine compartment behind the driver side headlight. Check the fuses in there too.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Have you unplugged the AP, disconnected the battery, let is site a couple of minutes, hook the battery back up, seen what happens;)

That is called a power on reset, something we can do when all else fails, not sure why called that but sometimes it was what we had to do on multimillion dollar military systems on occasion though not batteries in most cases.

------------

I forgot to ask, can you reset the code and have it stay off for a bit or come right back on?

hey guys, so that's it, this monday i realised that my cruise control was not working and today i just realised that the shift light was not working aswell.... any idea where to start looking... are those 2 things the same problem? ....
Thank you for sharing your concern, rastok. I am not well-versed in any technical aspect of your vehicle; however, our dealers will be happy to give insights on your inquiries. Please locate the nearest: http://www.ford.ca/dealerships/locate/ Also, pass on the year and odometer reading; I'll browse the available resources.

Kwasi

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #12
Il trying to avoid going in to the dealer.. Ill try the battery thing when ill have 2 min .. Ill keep you posted, thanks all for the info help

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #13
40 000 km so far still no cruise control.. totally forgot i had a shift light ahah anyone had the same issue

Have you check the connector at the clutch. Suppose to be 2 one for the cruise and one for the starter. I think it happen to Ć  member and it was one of the 2 connector at the clutch pedal.. good luck

XuperXero

I would actually love this... I never use cruise control and I hate that shift light. Subbed to see how it's fixed so I can break it.

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #19
I GO IT!!! after alot of headache and all your good advices i went back under the steering and found that these cars actually have 2 clutch switch, one that gets pressed when you put in the clutch and one that gets released when you push in the clutch... the one that that gets release is more up towards the steering and really hard to see if youre not looking for it.. this sucker was poped right out of its socket.... after lots of contortions i was able to put it back in place and bingo cruise control and shift light where back!!! REALLY happy i found the issue!!!! thanks alot for the help here is a picture if something like this happends to one of you!!

[/URL][/IMG]