Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cruising at 80 MPH

pixelzombie

The one side effect of the Chinese virus is the light traffic and wide open roads. Driving to work this past week has been a joy as this little motor hums so nicely at 3,000 RPM. The Kennedy expressway isn't the greatest road but it has enough good parts to really enjoy the FiST. Someone on youtube did tell me they softened the suspension on the 2016 model and I could certainly feel it this past week. Don't know when I'll have the money, but that is one area I'd like to improve. The question is how much does the ride suffer when trying to get more performance from the suspension?

HBEcoBeaST

That's racist for calling it The 'Chinese virus' because calling anything 'Chinese' is a derogatory term except for people, food and Chinese New Year.

Don't worry snowflakes I got your back!

But seriously it's nice having open roads in California. My industry has been deemed 'essential' so I'm still working [emoji1434]. Thankful that me and my fiance aren't worried about anything other than finding TP and the groceries we want.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

As for suspension it depends on your budget and what you do. Eibach springs improve ride at the cost of some reduced stiffness and steering response. Mountune springs have been highly praised.

Lots of different coilover options can give you the best of both worlds. I just installed bilstein b14s for the regular Fiesta and love the improved ride and handling. But with my oversized tires I rub at high speeds over dips and bumps. If I'm closer to the speed limit or on flat roads it's not an issue. They'd be perfect if I didn't rub. Going to look into fender rolling

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
That's racist for calling it The 'Chinese virus' because calling anything 'Chinese' is a derogatory term except for people, food and Chinese New Year.

Don't worry snowflakes I got your back!

But seriously it's nice having open roads in California. My industry has been deemed 'essential' so I'm still working [emoji1434]. Thankful that me and my fiance aren't worried about anything other than finding TP and the groceries we want.

We appreciate your understand of xenophibia and your readily apparent empathy for others!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
What is the build date of your 2016? The suspension change happened on 2/16/16.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

I 2nd the quality of ride with mountune springs. The everyday ride is smoother, while cornering is flatter. I guess it's the advantage of beehiving the rear springs. I have a set of Bilstein B8s in the garage waiting for the originals to wear out. (65,000+ miles on the car, 60,000 on the springs)

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I'm Chinese and I don't think it is racist to call it a Chinese virus. Like SARS before it, the virus was originally identified in China. That makes it a Chinese virus, just like if it had been discovered here it could be called an American virus. It is descriptive of the NATION where it was discovered, not the race.

I think that anything you do to improve the suspension's handling, if it involves lowering or stiffening, is going to make the ride worse, or harsher. If you have a spring with progressive rates you may get some softening of small impacts which would make it more comfortable, just like using a smaller wheel and taller tire softens small impacts. The compromise is that you will possibly lose some of the sharpness of steering response either way. It's all a matter of how much and whether it makes much difference.

Last edited:
I'm Chinese and I don't think it is racist to call it a Chinese virus. Like SARS before it, the virus was originally identified in China. That makes it a Chinese virus, just like if it had been discovered here it could be called an American virus. It is descriptive of the NATION where it was discovered, not the race.
Except that second part is not true. First case of H1N1 was here in the US back in 2009, and no one called it the "American Virus". Yes, to play semantics, chinese describes nationality not "race", but the ignorant don't know the difference nor do they care.

Literally everyone else is calling is COVID-19/Coronavirus and that is what it is being referred to on all the news sources. One is making a conscience decision to call it "The Chinese Virus". Just leave nationality out of the name all together. It serves no other purpose other than to invoke xenophobia and racism even though you have been lucky enough to not have experience it yourself.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
We can argue virus naming, but it has little to do with Fiesta suspension except that someone in Chicago could drive faster. H1N1 was called that because it was an influenza virus and we already had a naming convention for them. It did have the name Swine Flu as well. However, the most common cruise ship virus, Norovirus got its name from a city in the US, Norwalk, CT. It was initally called Norwalk agent, the Norwalk Virus, then shortened to Norovirus.

The virus that causes the COVID-19 disease was initally described in Wuhan, and was initially called the Wuhan virus. Unlike SARS, it got its name from the city, whereas SARS got its name based on the disease pattern that people were getting. It was later found to be caused by a coronavirus, but the name SARS stuck. A few years ago the WHO (not the band) decided that place names for microbiological agents was racist and came up with the idea of using acronyms (sort of) for naming. At first they called this virus 2019-nCoV , but on Feb 11 they gave it the "official" name COVID-19. Prior to that time everyone had been calling it the Wuhan virus.

What do you think about improving the Fiesta's suspension?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Except that second part is not true. First case of H1N1 was here in the US back in 2009, and no one called it the "American Virus". Yes, to play semantics, chinese describes nationality not "race", but the ignorant don't know the difference nor do they care.

Literally everyone else is calling is COVID-19/Coronavirus and that is what it is being referred to on all the news sources. One is making a conscience decision to call it "The Chinese Virus". Just leave nationality out of the name all together. It serves no other purpose other than to invoke xenophobia and racism even though you have been lucky enough to not have experience it yourself.
Not to get too political, but yes, by calling it that, some elements of our society are trying to 'blame' it on certain ethnic groups, to help further their xenophobic and supremacist agendas. [:(]

(I am NOT saying that his was pixelzombie's intention at all, whatsoever! [wink])

OP
pixelzombie

pixelzombie

Thread Starter #11
I think that anything you do to improve the suspension's handling, if it involves lowering or stiffening, is going to make the ride worse, or harsher.
I was thinking that as well. My other thought is Ford went cheap on the suspension components. Maybe a set of higher quality springs with improved dampening rates is all that needed in my case.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I was thinking that as well. My other thought is Ford went cheap on the suspension components. Maybe a set of higher quality springs with improved dampening rates is all that needed in my case.
Why would you even think that? It's the best handling car in its class.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk