Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Curb rash repair on my fiesta st wheels.

I'm 19, and a pizza delivery driver. Unfortunately I'm far from a perfect driver, and took a turn too sharp and curbed my rear wheel, and it was pretty bad, going past the paint. Does anybody know what color my wheels are, and where I could pick up a paint match for cheap? I'm not looking for perfect or anything, just something decent so it doesn't look as bad.
Thanks! 16034861047776161261744784526862.jpg

Proper way would be to dismount tires. Sand and clean the area and bondo and Repaint/blend when done. I’ve done it a few times. It’s not too bad to do.

You can do it yourself, but it's very time consuming. I refinished my rims completely using cheap rattle can paint found at the hardware store. Exception would be the clear coat I finished with a 2 part clear coat.

Attachments

I sanded the rash spots smooth and than sprayed the wheels with flat black plasti-dip. Each wheel got about 6-7 coats so the the low spots really evened out. If you dont mind changing the look of your wheels its a cheap and easy way to go.

I sanded the rash spots smooth and than sprayed the wheels with flat black plasti-dip. Each wheel got about 6-7 coats so the the low spots really evened out. If you dont mind changing the look of your wheels its a cheap and easy way to go.
You should spray the bare betal with a self etch primer or a high build primer, after you've sanded for corrosion protection and better top coat adhesion and color hold out.

I had a repair repaint attempted and it started to flake. I ended up buying a new replacement wheel from the dealer for $135.00. Might be worth checking at the dealer.