Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

custom exhaust

if this is the wrong section to post this in please delete or let me know. I tried to search bar first with no luck. I'm interested in having a local shop do a custom exhaust for me. I used this exhaust setup on my impreza and it sounded amazing. I want to run 2.5" pipe from cat back, with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator, and a 2.5" to 3" resonated dc sport tip. ive listened to everything on youtube and I like some of the similar setups using straight pipe and a vibrant resonator. thoughts, comments, opinions??? and no I'm not looking to buy an aftermarket exhaust, I want custom.

Should be fine.
The mbrp is similar in setup. I bought the mbrp fully accepting I would likely swap it for something queiter. But it grew on me... its volume is exaggerated here on the ol' interweb.

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
thanks animal. the mbrp was the only aftermarket I was looking at. custom route is much cheaper and will still be great quality. the local shop does killer work!

I made my own. It's all 2.5" 304ss w/ v band unions and a vibrant muffler. I think I've got over $300 in materials alone in to it. It'll be the last exhaust I make for a while. It's a PITA with out a lift haha.

It's just tacked together in the pics. I had a friend tig it at work for me.

TempeST

Mine has a vibrant resonator as well. I love the sound of my exhaust, but the volume is a little much. I will be buying an Ultra quiet resonator for mine. I say go for it. I have videos of mine on the You tubes. "DHM EFR Fiesta ST" the one with the silver car and black tip is my custom setup. BUT because I have the DHM manifold/turbo kit it will sound slightly different. I have a fly by video as well set to private if you want to see it as well just let me know. Good luck on the pioneering of your own exhaust. I know a lot of people have done that here, and most use the MBRP as a starting point since it is so cheap, stainless and mandrel bent.