Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom Tuning Questions and Concerns

I have recently been working with one of the major FiST tuners on a 93 octane tune after installing an S280 and I have so many questions. I'd ask my tuner, but he seems extremely busy and doesn't seem to have time to answer a lot of questions. I've also done some searching on the forum to find answers to these questions and haven't really been able to find much. I've tried to be patient, but this is really stressful for me.

We're on the 7th revision of this tune and here's a link to the most recent logs.
https://datazap.me/u/onaginata/tune-7-wot-3rd?log=0&data=6-10

Mods:
- Cobb Stage 3 kit
- Peron S284 turbo kit
- NGK Ruthenium 0.025" gap

1: ETC Interference: The ETC has been interfering to protect the engine from high boost levels every time we start to approach the 27+PSI range and I've noticed that this happens every time the 'Load actual %' reaches 2.5. The ETC will back off from ~82deg to as low as ~30 deg and will vary until the load drops to where the ECU is happy. On my most recent pulls the ETC has interfered for the entire pull 2400rpm to redline. Of course these pulls are at 100% accel position.

- Is it normal for the ETC to interfere and is that something that can/will be tuned out?

2: RPM Limit: I noticed the tune that is being sent to me has the RPM limit set to 7400 rpm. This seems really high.

- Is 7400 rpm safe for my engine?
- What RPM should I be shifting at?

3: FFS: Flat foot shifting doesn't seem to work like it used to on the Cobb Stage 3 OTS tune. It seems like no matter what I do the BPV vents pressure and the RPMs jump when I try to FFS. Of course, I'm doing this with 100% throttle and pushing the clutch all the way down @ ~6500 rpm.

- What should a successful FFS look/feel like?

4: Boost Pressure: I've had some revisions come back and the pressure has been pegged at 29.xx PSI for a full pull. As I understand it that's the max reading that our MAP sensors can read which means the pressure could have been much higher for the entire pull.

- Should I complete a pull that is pegging the boost at 29.xx PSI?
- How effective is the ETC at protecting the engine at High boost levels?
- Should I get a 3.5 bar map sensor and does that require a re-tune?