Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cv axle???

Another problem here😅. When I’m in gear I hear a rattling sound like something is bouncing around on the drivers side. Nothing seems to be stuck or anything and the car drives and shifts fine. It makes the sound regardless of if it’s in gear or under power, as long as it’s moving the sound is there. (Insert image of a nut in a trash can rolling down a hill) The cv joint after it exits the transmission housing is rusty(ish). I have a warranty but for some reason I’m just VERY curious. Hopefully nothings terribly wrong. anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:
Another problem here😅. When I’m in gear I hear a rattling sound like something is bouncing around on the drivers side. Nothing seems to be stuck or anything and the car drives and shifts fine. It makes the sound regardless of if it’s in gear or under power, as long as it’s moving the sound is there. (Insert image of a nut in a trash can rolling down a hill) The cv joint after it exits the transmission housing is rusty(ish). I have a warranty but for some reason I’m just VERY curious. Hopefully nothings terribly wrong. anyone got any ideas?
Hey FiSTMORG! Did you ever resolve this issue? I think I have the exact same problem, i went under the car and the driver side cv axle seems to be slightly loose, (the passenger side one is solid). I was wondering if the axle was bad or if it's a differential bearing?

OP
FiSTMorg
Thread Starter #4
It turned out to be diff bearing and the dealer replaced it; it took a month exactly, but it got replaced! Drives great except for the fact the master cylinder seems to stick a little when I shift quickly :rolleyes: