Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cyborg c39 oil seal question

I purchased a used c39 off a forum member awhile back, knowing good and well of the issues the turbo is associated with. The seals have been replaced on this unit, and came off of his car in fully functioning condition. At the time I was aware of having the option of sending the turbo back to the shop just to get checked out for piece of mind. I’ve recently looked into possibly having that done, but it looks like robs automotive has shit down. Can anyone steer me in the direction of where I could have this turbo checked out? Or am I out of luck and should just bolt it on and hope for the best? Any help is appreciated

I purchased a used c39 off a forum member awhile back, knowing good and well of the issues the turbo is associated with. The seals have been replaced on this unit, and came off of his car in fully functioning condition. At the time I was aware of having the option of sending the turbo back to the shop just to get checked out for piece of mind. I’ve recently looked into possibly having that done, but it looks like robs automotive has shit down. Can anyone steer me in the direction of where I could have this turbo checked out? Or am I out of luck and should just bolt it on and hope for the best? Any help is appreciated
Well, since that turbo is a stock unit, it is pretty easy to swap out if you remove the cowl by the windshield wiper blades then lay down a large comforter on top of the engine. Not too difficult from the top end. Just make sure you have spare coolant, as that shit gets everywhere unless you put a hemostat forceps/clamp on the rubber section before the coolant feed and return lines.

It is the same kind of clamp you'd use to lock down someone's artery and keep them from bleeding out. You would figure out within 1000 miles whether it has the right seals. If you have lots of smoke, pull it off and find a shop to replace them. The wrong items are like, a few thousands off if I remember correctly...so it would be hard to tell unless you knew exactly what you were looking at.

XanRules

based on your location, Precision Turbo is a day trip from you (about 3 hours by car) - give them a call, they're some of the best of the best.