Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Damn Hurricane

Se7eN

Man I really feel for you, that thing passed us by and didn't touch us. Stay safe.

Also, if you can get some local race shop and get some 100oct or E85 and just a gallon per tank should make it better for you.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I wish you the best. You're a better man than me I could never live in such a hostile weather state.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Funny...thought it would be the other way around.....due to people thinking that Premium fuel is a waste because they are Dumbies!
My guess is that the station managers stopped stocking up on the better fuel since regular is more useful, since gas is hard enough to come by.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Looks like that hurricane is gonna mess with my cruise next week ! In 2017 Hurricane Irma did 6 grand worth of damage to my FiST. Gonna take my wife's Escape to Fla this time ! Shoulda learned my lesson don't book cruise during hurricane season !!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
My guess is that the station managers stopped stocking up on the better fuel since regular is more useful, since gas is hard enough to come by.
They also might just pump the mid and high grade into the 87 pumps and take the hit on the price difference to simplify logistics. Otherwise, they run out of 87 and have to have the same fight over and over with customers re: 87's out, why should I pay more, etc. I don't know how gas station supply tanks are, but I'd imagine they can route all the storage tanks to any one of the supply lines. Nobody's car that takes 87 is going to complain about getting 91.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Looks like that hurricane is gonna mess with my cruise next week ! In 2017 Hurricane Irma did 6 grand worth of damage to my FiST. Gonna take my wife's Escape to Fla this time ! Shoulda learned my lesson don't book cruise during hurricane season !!
Happened to me 2 years ago, but we made a road trip out of three different states it honestly worked out great.
The worst part was the cruise company taking so long to officially cancel it.

So we went to Myrtle Beach, then to West Virginia, then to Tennessee and back home.
I rented three different things with an engine. 2 in the water, 1 on land, and went white water rafting.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
They also might just pump the mid and high grade into the 87 pumps and take the hit on the price difference to simplify logistics.
That is not possible and you would NOT want it to be.
They can just lower the price on the higher octane stuff just to sell it.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
They also might just pump the mid and high grade into the 87 pumps and take the hit on the price difference to simplify logistics. Otherwise, they run out of 87 and have to have the same fight over and over with customers re: 87's out, why should I pay more, etc. I don't know how gas station supply tanks are, but I'd imagine they can route all the storage tanks to any one of the supply lines. Nobody's car that takes 87 is going to complain about getting 91.
That doesn't happen. People are just happy to get gas they could care less how much it cost. Most gas stations don't fill their tanks not even close. They probably order the tankers with just 87 in them to try and get that tank filled.
I worked at a gas station for a bit.
If it wasn't illegal to do so in North Carolina they would jack the price up during a storm. Some stations still do. It's fairly easy to report price gouging to the attorney general's office big fine if they get caught.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I worked Overnights at a local gas station....Man o man I tell you what...You see some of the weirdest shit on the weekends....especially drunk people. It was great people watching!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
^ Have to use that stuff with my motorcycle right now. Chambers got all carboned up from running on weak coils.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
You must be in Florida? Lucky you even have gas.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yep. I got lucky. On my way down to Fort Lauderdale from Orlando, pulled off in the Palm Beach area and found gas at my third try.