Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Damn the warranty, full speed ahead

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
One of the best things for me owning this car has been hunting up deals on parts and planning the build. I have saved a couple of grand so far. My garage looks like the Whoosh warehouse. LOL My best deal so far I feel is the GT2554R turbo and the Puma Speed quick spool exhaust manifold, which also came with a universal install kit, a HKS BOV and a Turbo Smart BOV and a Boost tap. I payed $1320 for everything shipped. The MRX turbo kit from Whoosh is $2389, Puma Speed Quick Spool manifold is $870.99, Boost tap $40.49, HKS Symposer delete BOV $379.99, Turbo Smart Symposer delete BOV $289.99, Universal install kit $98.99. That all totaled $4,068.45. I also paid to have the turbo rebuilt and the manifold media blasted that came to $450. So the grand total saved on this deal is $4068.45 - $1700(1320+450) = $2368.45. My last purchased the Mishimoto Down Pipe $318 shipped, Whoosh price $539.95 - $318 = $221.95. Grand total saved $2368.45+ $221.45= $2589.90.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I started modding my car immediately when it still had >4 years of warranty left. Many setups and >300whp later nothing has broken and I have fun with the car. Except the A/C, which was fixed under warranty, and those blasted actuators, 3 of which I've replaced, but meh.

Go for it!!!

EDIT I'll add that my car was $19.5 and I've spent about $6k on mods/wheels/etc. So ~$25k total. So cheap for what the car is!!!!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I started modding my car immediately when it still had >4 years of warranty left. Many setups and >300whp later nothing has broken and I have fun with the car. Except the A/C, which was fixed under warranty, and those blasted actuators, 3 of which I've replaced, but meh.

Go for it!!!

EDIT I'll add that my car was $19.5 and I've spent about $6k on mods/wheels/etc. So ~$25k total. So cheap for what the car is!!!!
Jeff I think we are pretty much in the same boat as my car was pretty close to the same price as yours I have put a bit more into mods but I bought a lot of new stuff and I know you looked for used deals either way. Even if I have more in I am still coming in at under 30k for a car that outperforms costing twice as much.
Oh and ya my car has just about 19k on it. :ROFLMAO:

jeff

2000 Post Club
Jeff I think we are pretty much in the same boat as my car was pretty close to the same price as yours I have put a bit more into mods but I bought a lot of new stuff and I know you looked for used deals either way. Even if I have more in I am still coming in at under 30k for a car that outperforms costing twice as much.
Oh and ya my car has just about 19k on it. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I looked at your mods you have brake upgrades and a radiator I don't plus more than one set of wheels. Still great price for what you get! What was your whp/wtq numbers with the Adam tune out of curiosity?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yeah I looked at your mods you have brake upgrades and a radiator I don't plus more than one set of wheels. Still great price for what you get! What was your whp/wtq numbers with the Adam tune out of curiosity?
on 91 pump I managed to pull 284 wHP and 284 wTQ on E30 lol 340 wTQ and 300 whp one pull was 310 HP but TQ was down on that one.
If I add injectors he said I would pick up another 30-40 dyno proven whp :LOL: So ya pretty happy with the numbers on stock fuel.

I love flipping car parts on the side.Started modding at 300 miles and went stage 2 at 5k miles.At 18k now,Bought another fist with the S280 few months back for 16100,Sold all the aftermarket parts and made about $2800,Kept the S280 with the whoosh Dp and hks bov for my 19.Sold the 15 to Carvana for $16045 last month.So pretty much got the S280 for -2800 lol