Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Darth Fiesta ST build

Se7eN

Hey, finally decided to make a build thread.

So, "short" run down of how it has all come together. I had the car with just simple bolt ons and tune running 218whp and 289wtq on 93oct (dynoed on a cold night on dynojet). There was a local distributor of Arashi turbos that offered a total of 2 prototype kits for Kuro GT2554R turbos (basically the same as an MRX) for a very affordable price. I couldn't say no as it was just $1300 and included catless DP and hot side charge pipes with all the adapters and lines for the Fiesta ST. The cars final numbers on the set up where 280whp 300wtq on 93oct and 335whp and 322wtq on E50. After nearly 2 years running the turbo and reaching it's efficiency limit there appeared to have been lack of oil in the turbo at a moment where it was on high boost and the front shaft snapped. Went to a reputable local turbo shop and had the thing rebuilt keeping the dual ball bearing but machining and going up to a 2860 wheel/compressor set up.

Went to the Dynojet last saturday and tested the final tunes for both 93oct and E50 on stock map sensor. Peak boost is right around 28.8psi.
93oct:
315whp 321wtq
E50:
372whp 369wtq

Keeping in mind that it's 90 degree weather almost all year round. I'm happy with the numbers. Spools just as good as my friends with GTX2860R (from various tuners) and is basically the highest horsepower Fiesta ST locally at the moment. I've helped a couple of friends install S280s, Whoosh Hybrids and other turbos and ridden in all their cars. I've gotta say there is no replacement for displacement (of air volume from the turbo) :ROFLMAO:.

Roll Racing:

Been to 2 roll races at the local drag strip. Starting from behind the burnout box and taking off full throttle just before the beams up to the 1320ft finish line. Ran 115mph with a previous 310whp E40 tune with the 2554 set up. I'm hoping to trap 120+mph when the next event is given an official date after this Covid19 thing blows over a little bit. As reference a friends FoST with 370whp trapped 112mph cause it's pretty laggy and mild bolt-on Coyote Mustangs run in the 114-116 range. Had originally started to build the car just for fun and having a fast-ish daily but Roll racing is very fun, and LEGAL.

Made 117mph on my last trip with a soft tune in 2nd gear. Will be back later in the year with better tires and stronger tune down low.

Mods:

Performance:
- Amelytuned
Custom Tune 93oct/E50
- Arashi Dynamics Kuro GTX2860R (dual ball bearing) Turbo Kit
(included down pipe and hot side pipe w/ V-band adapter)
- Cobb Accessport V3
- K&N Typhoon Intake
- Ram Air crossover pipe
- Bravo Alpha Intercooler
- Whoosh motorsports silicone charge pipes
- Whoosh motorsports Rear Motor Mount Race
- Thermal 3" Exhaust
- Mishimoto catch can w/ check valve
- Turbosmart Symposer-port VP BOV "kit"
- Passenger and Driver side Powerflex Race inserts
- Peron 4-Port Aux Fuel
- Spec Stage 3 clutch
- VR Harness
- Whoosh V1 Downpipe

Suspension, brakes, wheels, & tires:
- König Dejagrams 16x8 40mm offset
- Zestino 205/45R16 140tw
- DNA Traction Bar
- Bilstein B8 Shocks/Struts
- Mountune Lowering Springs

Appearance:
- Headlight/Fog H11 LED
- LED sequential turn signals side mirror
- Ford Performance Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
- ST aluminum foot rest
- Spec D smoked red Tailights

Mods planned:
- Delta Styling Wing Riser
- Ethanol Content Gauge

Last edited:
OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #5
The main group is run in Whatsapp messaging app and there are over 120 members. Mixed between Focus ST and Fiesta ST and Mustang Ecoboost. Mostly Fiestas take the better part of the mix.

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #6
Well then, it seems that this years Roll race might not happen. Another lock down has started until the end of the month and even they we don't know if there will be others.

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #7
This week had the VR Plug system finally installed for the Port. Also ran a quick check to see if the Peron Kit was still working properly tested each injector. It's still working great.

Saw your comment on my recent post and saw that you had a ride thread. Those are some impressive numbers! I'll be keeping an eye out for more posts.

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #9
So, I'm thinking moving down to 16s as the roads here suck and I just had to repair a wheel last week. What are good recomendations and tire wise what size should I be looking at?

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #10
Also swapped out the Arashi provisioned downpipe with a Whoosh V1 a guy at the local group was getting rid off. It was such a small change that made such a big impact as the old one had the MBRP hitting the top of the tunnel and you could feel the vibes. Car is much quieter now.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So, I'm thinking moving down to 16s as the roads here suck and I just had to repair a wheel last week. What are good recommendations and tire wise what size should I be looking at?
If you want something totally bombproof, the Braid Fullrace As in 16x8 are the ticket, but yeah, sadly BIG$$$$$. [:(]

With your climate, and more importantly, the power you are putting to the wheels, I would go with one of the 200 tread wear 215/45-16s (I would suggest one of the sticky 225/45-16s, except for your Mountune springs, since that WILL rub, extensively [:(]).

xxiaze

Is the VR plug kit worth? I just bought one used and am about to get the Peron port setup. What are your thoughts on all of it? Any issues with 4port you’ve experienced? Pooling, misfiring injectors, stumbling, miscommunication or bad tuning etc?

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #13
If you want something totally bombproof, the Braid Fullrace As in 16x8 are the ticket, but yeah, sadly BIG$$$$$. [:(]

With your climate, and more importantly, the power you are putting to the wheels, I would go with one of the 200 tread wear 215/45-16s (I would suggest one of the sticky 225/45-16s, except for your Mountune springs, since that WILL rub, extensively [:(]).
Don't actually have the springs yet so it wouldn't affect me as I'm considering not even lowering it.

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #14
Is the VR plug kit worth? I just bought one used and am about to get the Peron port setup. What are your thoughts on all of it? Any issues with 4port you’ve experienced? Pooling, misfiring injectors, stumbling, miscommunication or bad tuning etc?
I honestly wish it would've existed when I purchased the 4 port originally. Having to tap into the wires on your car isn't good. Also I did have signal issue from the MAP sensor making it so that the Port did not activate. That happened when I was running Ethanol so knock was limited and did not cause mayor issues.

Things on my to do list include a LED to indicate that it's turning on. But since I always monitor AFR I've had very little issues.

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #15
20201003_130347.jpg

Quick Update: tested the 2 93oct maps I have with actual pump in the tank. Suprised to see the prior numbers on that map in which I was actually running E50 are nearly identical to just straight pump. Goes to show the real benefit of the Ethanol is being able to push timing and Boost. (Yes the dyno has a very dirty screen.)

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #16
I think I might be having an issue with one of the injectors. Have been getting more knock on Cyl 1 than on the other cylinders. Tested the 4 port and all injectors work. Ran Compression and had 180psi across the board(cold). So I'm assuming it has to be the HP Injector in Cyl 1 is failing and causing the issue. I'll take them out inspect and swap #1 and #2 to see if the condition moves to that Cyl.

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #18
Ordered B8 Bilstein Shocks/Struts to go with the Mountune Lowering springs I got used from a friend. They seem to be on hold in Cincinnati due to weather was actually planning on installing today but that idea got delayed. Will post pics as soon as it gets here and I install.

I think I might be having an issue with one of the injectors. Have been getting more knock on Cyl 1 than on the other cylinders. Tested the 4 port and all injectors work. Ran Compression and had 180psi across the board(cold). So I'm assuming it has to be the HP Injector in Cyl 1 is failing and causing the issue. I'll take them out inspect and swap #1 and #2 to see if the condition moves to that Cyl.
Did you ever narrow the issues down to that injector?

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #20
Did you ever narrow the issues down to that injector?
Nope, never got around to it due the whole work from home I don't use the car that much. Still got a new inyector lying around but I wanna change the valve cover gasket as well so might as well wait.