Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

de rusting the fiesta

well now that the stimulus check paid it off> time to clean it up. besides a good detailing, underneath is all rusty. the rotors, splash plates all rusty, rear axles edges nasty, front axles are covered, lower a arms nasty too. not sure what to do with alum parts
…..thinking about setting up a pump in a tub and pumping evaporust on a section at a time. any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks, boyracer

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Rotors are easy to derust. Drive car. Apply brakes. After you remove yourself from windshield because the brakes grabbed so hard due to rust, repeat. When they aren't grabby any more they are derusted.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The axles are going to do that no matter what, unless you coat them after.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I'm gonna paint my axles in POR-15 while they're out for my LSD install. A few cross braces too.

Fluid film keeps the moisture off metals - use it as a rust inhibitor, POR-15 is a good coating for when you have to start fresh.