Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead car!

Ok, so I pulled it in the garage to detail it, it sat for a day or two, went to pull it out this morning and, nothing. No lights, no nothing, like there wasn't even a battery in it. I pulled the battery to charge it, and it's fully charged. Charger won't work while connected, seems like some kind of short, but don't know where to look, any ideas?

FJ16

Did you disconnect anything before the cleaning? Did you spray anything with a power-washer under the hood that could now be shorting out or out of place? This sounds like the most likely situation from what you've provided.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did you check that fuse in the holder right by/on the positive battery terminal?

Many on here have had those totally corrode out from terminal acid buildup (yet another reason why I am installing a no leaking, AGM battery Monday [wink]).

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Any interior lighting or electrics coming on?

Is the starter soleniod even clicking? My starter got intermittent after 4 years and 105k miles.

OP
Melow
Thread Starter #7
Ok, so I hooked the battery back up, still nothing. Then I locked and unlocked the doors with the key fob and it worked. Opened the door and everything worked, started right up. Weird.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Crazy how if you just take a second to think.....you will get it

Vs spending 20 minutes running to the forum. Good job

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Odd. Might have tripped the anti theft or something

OP
Melow
Thread Starter #11
It did it again today. Pulled the car up to my garage, got out and went to lock it, and nothing! Nothing works again, so it wasn't the key fob, I tried both, battery couldn't have died on both at the same time. It's a 2019 with only 8500 miles, no corrosion around the posts, cables all look brand new. Any ideas before I call a shop?

OP
Melow
Thread Starter #13
Another thing I found odd is the Accessport had power, its the only thing on the car that works.

OP
Melow
Thread Starter #15
Sounds like when you get it on again you need to take off the accessport and see if that solves the problem.
That's what I was thinking. I took it off and unplugged everything just in case. Still need to flash it back to stock before I take it in

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
That's what I was thinking. I took it off and unplugged everything just in case. Still need to flash it back to stock before I take it in
You don’t have to reflash. They will still know, anyway. There’s, I believe, a count of flashes that is not eraseable. And, what you’re describing doesn’t look like it is related to the tune.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
It did it again today. Pulled the car up to my garage, got out and went to lock it, and nothing! Nothing works again, so it wasn't the key fob, I tried both, battery couldn't have died on both at the same time. It's a 2019 with only 8500 miles, no corrosion around the posts, cables all look brand new. Any ideas before I call a shop?
Did you detail the engine compartment?