Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dealerships Suck

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
My dad is looking for a new car, and he loves the Fiesta ST so we decided to look at one at a Ford dealership just down the street. They had an orange one with the Recaros listed for $21,000 which sounded like a great deal. When we got there, we saw that it had these horrific decals on the side that completely ruin the car. We sat in the seats and decided that we liked them (I would probably take them from him and put them in my car lol) and asked about the price. The salesman had the nerve to say $28,000. I told him it was listed online for 7 grand less, and he said that it had extra dealership packages (including an extra grand for the decals) on it and the online price included the rebates. We asked him why you would list it online for so much less, and he said that "It's okay since every other dealership in the world does it to lure people in." My dad and I looked at each other, told him how disgusting his practices are, and walked out. In England, it is actually illegal to do something like this. I hate dealerships and their shady practices. This dealer is Greico Ford in Fort Lauderdale. If any of you ever make it there, turn around and walk away.

Attachments

I ordered my 19 online , added what I wanted on it . Printed it out took it to the dealership and told then that was what I wanted no exception. And got it for 22, xxx. So not all are bad but , you might wanna consider doing it like I did.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I ordered my 19 online , added what I wanted on it . Printed it out took it to the dealership and told then that was what I wanted no exception. And got it for 22, xxx. So not all are bad but , you might wanna consider doing it like I did.
Didn't the last one just roll off the production line a few weeks ago? Doesn't that mean you can't order them anymore?

Ha I know them, I nearly bought an ST from them. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't. I wound up getting mine from Al Packer Ford in Royal Palm Beach. They had one with the color and options I wanted, so it was worth the drive. I wouldn't say I got a great deal, but it was worth it.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
You guys didn't want to pay 1k for that primo decal? What's wrong with you!? For real though that's a ludicrous price for a fiesta ST even with all the options. That dealership doesn't deserve your money.
This isn't even the first time they've tried to pull this with us either. At that point, I might as well buy a Rabbit GTI.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
IF someone showed that to me, I wouldn't believe that those decals were factory. Certainly among the most hideous to have ever graced the side of a car.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
IF someone showed that to me, I wouldn't believe that those decals were factory. Certainly among the most hideous to have ever graced the side of a car.
I'm not entirely sure they are factory. In the online pictures of the car they weren't there.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I would go online and see if you can still build them like I did and see if it gives you a quote for the build. Then again it may say unavailable.
Nope build window closed at the end of May. What you saw rolling off the line was last of production. They close out order build windows before actual line end because they have to build anything that was ordered up to end of May.
Build lead time takes a month usually sometime longer. I ordered mine in mid march last year. I got my build date for the end of May and car arrived in July.
So if the last car rolled off the line last week that means whatever orders where in had been placed at least before the end the may.
Plus a lot of dealers stopped taking orders before that. Some dealers probably have the last cars being shipped to them now because I did see dealer ordered last time I looked at dealer inventory in California. Though the numbers are low. I would say now is the time to scour the net and look for the deals in the middle of nowhere and travel to score.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Those are added on after. Probably took the car to a graphics shop and had them make something worth 1k to stick on the car.

FWIW i got my loaded ST for 26. Only option i didnt get was black wheels and red calipers. This was 3 years ago. Ford corporate has no control over the dealers for pricing. Unlike other makes.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
My dad is looking for a new car, and he loves the Fiesta ST so we decided to look at one at a Ford dealership just down the street. They had an orange one with the Recaros listed for $21,000 which sounded like a great deal. When we got there, we saw that it had these horrific decals on the side that completely ruin the car. We sat in the seats and decided that we liked them (I would probably take them from him and put them in my car lol) and asked about the price. The salesman had the nerve to say $28,000. I told him it was listed online for 7 grand less, and he said that it had extra dealership packages (including an extra grand for the decals) on it and the online price included the rebates. We asked him why you would list it online for so much less, and he said that "It's okay since every other dealership in the world does it to lure people in." My dad and I looked at each other, told him how disgusting his practices are, and walked out. In England, it is actually illegal to do something like this. I hate dealerships and their shady practices. This dealer is Greico Ford in Fort Lauderdale. If any of you ever make it there, turn around and walk away.
I have been drinking so this is stream of consciousness, apologies in advance.

If you have usaa, use their car buying service.
If you do not, use truecar to get printouts and offers from them first. Bring paper- physical paper. That makes it real. Have your own financing squared away but do not tell them that. Get their price offer printout during negotiations, then mention you have your own financing later. When asked about the rate (they will) lie and say 1.9-2.9% or so, and make them work to obtain a better rate. Write things down. Waste their time, then leave because you are uncomfortable being pressured. Chances are someone will come running after you to try to get you to sign right away, because they have done no business while you were wasting their time. Dress nicely but not stuffy, and keep things professional. You aren’t there to make a friend, and being unfriendly feels “wrong” but your relationship with this person is transactional, like a prostitute. You each have an objective and ideally land in the middle.

Do not be rushed. Rushed decisions are rarely good decisions.

Take notes while talking to them, occasionally reference your notes, and if they say something that doesn’t match what they said earlier - ask them to clarify which statement is true. Negotiations are like a fight - the first one to backpedal gives up ground and will probably lose. You don’t *have* to buy the car. Remember that. You can walk away. They will try to get you excited, get you chomping at the bit, then they’ll spin the numbers for a low monthly payment for 72 months and you’ll be screwed. Do your own math. Write things down - people who write things down during negotiations aren’t easy marks and they’ll likely try to get you out of there as quickly as possible.

Call and ask what color ST’s they have available. When you go in to buy, you had your heart set on whatever color they don’t have, and you’ll expect a little something to accept something other than your preferred color.

Go test drive a gti, a veloster n, and a few other cars. Get brochures and have them tucked into the back of the little notebook you take to shop for the car. Don’t reference them, but make sure they can be seen. Show you have options.

Last edited:
OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
If you have usaa, use their car buying service.
If you do not, use truecar to get printouts and offers from them first. Have your own financing squared away but do not tell them that. Get their price printout during negotiations, then mention you have your own financing later. When asked about the rate (they will) lie and say 1.9-2.9% or so, and make them work to obtain a better rate. Write things down. Waste their time, then leave because you are uncomfortable. Chances are someone will come running after you to try to get you to sign right away, because they have done no business while you were wasting their time. Dress nicely but not stuffy, and keep things professional. You aren’t there to make a friend, and being unfriendly feels “wrong” but your relationship with this person is transactional, like a prostitute. You each have an objective and ideally land in the middle.

Do not be rushed. Rushed decisions are rarely good decisions.
Lots of good advise here. I usually buy outright, and don't have USAA but the negotiating factors here are great. I never buy anything expensive on the first day of looking. Especially a car.

slopoke

Since this is the last year of the Fiesta ST, I think in some areas prices will be on the high side. Not to the extreme that the OP experienced, but more than one would expect. I did an inventory search of the greater San Francisco area where I live and there are only 5 units total. When I was shopping for mine last year, there were over 30 units available. I also looked at a 50 mile radius of the OP and there are only 8 units available. Good luck.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
Since this is the last year of the Fiesta ST, I think in some areas prices will be on the high side. Not to the extreme that the OP experienced, but more than one would expect. I did an inventory search of the greater San Francisco area where I live and there are only 5 units total. When I was shopping for mine last year, there were over 30 units available. I also looked at a 50 mile radius of the OP and there are only 8 units available. Good luck.
This is especially true when looking for Recaros, which I am.