Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Death Valley Run?

koozy

3000 Post Club
Anyone interested in doing a Death Valley Run in the blistering heat this summer, all in a day (~12hrs.)? Good opportunity to test out your cooling system in ~120deg F +.

Just bought a Mishimoto oil cooler so I am set! Koozy - were you able to install yours without removing the bumper? May need your wisdom for the install.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Just bought a Mishimoto oil cooler so I am set! Koozy - were you able to install yours without removing the bumper? May need your wisdom for the install.
FWIW, I no longer have the oil cooler. I found there was no need after installing the Mishimoto Radiator and now with the Motorcraft 180 Thermostat. Be careful where you route and how the stainless lines rest against other components. Several people had the line wear through the AC line and cause Freon to leak out. The protective wrap they supply eventually wears through. To prevent chaffing best to wire tie the line to the part so they are stuck together.

But to answer your question, I did not take the bumper off. You can see photos of my install and some comments after my experience over here. https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/koozys-st.5536/page-6#post-121072

FWIW, I no longer have the oil cooler. I found there was no need after installing the Mishimoto Radiator and now with the Motorcraft 180 Thermostat. Be careful where you route and how the stainless lines rest against other components. Several people had the line wear through the AC line and cause Freon to leak out. The protective wrap they supply eventually wears through. To prevent chaffing best to wire tie the line to the part so they are stuck together.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely get some protective wrap and make sure everything is secured in place.