Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Decontamination procedure

I was reading my manual the other day and came across this in a round about way. I was wondering what you all think about this procedure. Does anyone use the motorcraft cleaning products such as the Detailed Wash Cleaner (ZC-3-A). ?? Or, as I suspect other products are equal or better.

Attachments

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
When I am detailing my car, I remove dirt and grime by first washing, using Adams car wash. Then I use an iron-out compound to remove the iron contaminants. I use Carpro iron-X and Sonax paint cleaner. This removes most of the surface contaminants. I then use a clay bar, if I feel and embedded contaminants. I use a plastic baggie to check for embedded contaminants. Then I perform paint correction, if needed. I've never tried the Ford products, however.

OP
Guaji
Thread Starter #3
Thx for the reply. Im trying to improve my cleaning routine with this car, so many products to choose from. How often do you need to use the Carpro, Sonax and clay bar to remove contaniments? I was a little more basic cleaning my SVTF.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Depending on where you park your car, you can detail once a year or longer. If you wash your car, then take a plastic baggie and run it on your paint, and you feel resistance, your paint is contaminated, if not, it isn't.

OP
Guaji
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I travel alot for work so the car will sit in a parking lot when i am out of town. Though, since it is new, I took a shuttle to the airport and kept it in the garage. I feel better having it inside.