Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Defouler or no defouler?

I am about to purchase the Cobb accessport with the stratified tune. I am also purchasing a catless downpipe in order to run the crackle tune from Stratified and they are much cheaper than catted ones.

There is an option to get a defouler with a few of the catless downpipes I am looking at so I was wondering if that is something I would need to get or would the stage 1* OTS tune with the stratified tune eliminate the need for it?

Are you going to just keep the ots tune?

If you’re getting a custom tune, they can turn off your CEL in regards to that specific code. No need for a defouler then.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am about to purchase the Cobb accessport with the stratified tune. I am also purchasing a catless downpipe in order to run the crackle tune from Stratified and they are much cheaper than catted ones.

There is an option to get a defouler with a few of the catless downpipes I am looking at so I was wondering if that is something I would need to get or would the stage 1* OTS tune with the stratified tune eliminate the need for it?
Just save up your pennies for a proper downpipe, like this one WITH A CATALYTIC CONVERTER. Don't be an asshole. No need to run a defouler either! Feel free to run the crackles all day long, you will be just fine. I've been making noise for 50k miles with a cat with no deterioration of it.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...rand-fiesta-st-downpipe-catless-free-shipping

Just save up your pennies for a proper downpipe, like this one WITH A CATALYTIC CONVERTER. Don't be an asshole. No need to run a defouler either! Feel free to run the crackles all day long, you will be just fine. I've been making noise for 50k miles with a cat with no deterioration of it.

The cheapest route would probably be just to run a crackle tune on the stock cat, and then replace it with a higher flow cat later. My understanding is that there isn't conclusive evidence for better performance with a high flow downpipe and the stock turbo, anyway. Nobody wants to be breathing catless exhaust.

OP
G
Thread Starter #5
Thanks JDG for the advice. I actually do kinda want a catted dp to save me from the smell and emissions and everything and that one does look like an affordable option. I’m fine with running the tune on the stock dp temporarily but I’m afraid that it’s going to restrict the sound of the pops too much.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks JDG for the advice. I actually do kinda want a catted dp to save me from the smell and emissions and everything and that one does look like an affordable option. I’m fine with running the tune on the stock dp temporarily but I’m afraid that it’s going to restrict the sound of the pops too much.
It will NOT IMPEDE on your progress in getting Loud snap crackle pops...I had their Canned tune with the Stock cat and now I have a pro tune with Snap crackle pop! Both are childish and scare people ...which is what I totally am going for!