Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Delta Styling Riser Hardware

Has anyone recently purchased/installed a Delta Styling spoiler riser? I bought one second hand with no hardware and was wondering if anyone happens to have the instructions with bolt and screw sizes that come with it.

I reached out to Delta but haven't heard back.

Their support kinda sucks, and I don't have good news personally. I bought mine brand new, and it came with absolutely no instructions or hardware. I had to reuse the screws I had been using on my previous wing risers.. hopefully someone has the sizes listed for what screws those are. Wasn't happy that no hardware was included; I was hoping I wouldn't still be staring at my cheap silver philips-head screws.

Sidenote, when it arrived it was actually curved differently than the factory wing. I had to apply a significant amount of pressure to the middle of it to make it follow the wing's curvature, and bolt it to it. Not a good feeling for an expensive product.

OP
4ST F3D
Thread Starter #5
It went okay, I had to apply a lot of pressure to the middle also to the point where it was making cracking sounds to get it to line up with the center bolts. I also had a wonderful time of trying to figure out all the hardware, because the carbon OEM wing had different mounting bolts to it. But all in all both look good together. Glad I didn't pay full price for them, I probably wouldn't be staying up at night thinking about it lol. PXL_20220301_035506354.MP.jpg PXL_20220301_132357566.MP.jpg PXL_20220301_034852710.MP.jpg

Taz

I bought one for my Focus ST and it was a similar pain to install. Thankfully I had a workshop so it for me, but once it was installed it looked great, so much so that I plan to buy one for my FiST.

Looks nice. I can't wait for mine to get here. I got the carbon fiber sides too so it should go well with my Magnetic FiST.

Taz

Looks nice. I can't wait for mine to get here. I got the carbon fiber sides too so it should go well with my Magnetic FiST.
Once you get through the pain of fitting it you wont regret it, because once it's on it looks like it was made with the car, far better than those bolt on risers you can buy.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does the delta riser do a better job supporting the wing than the boomba risers? Have any of y'all running it had issues with the wing cracking?

It went okay, I had to apply a lot of pressure to the middle also to the point where it was making cracking sounds to get it to line up with the center bolts. I also had a wonderful time of trying to figure out all the hardware, because the carbon OEM wing had different mounting bolts to it. But all in all both look good together. Glad I didn't pay full price for them, I probably wouldn't be staying up at night thinking about it lol. View attachment 47257 View attachment 47258 View attachment 47259
That looks so good (y)

Taz

Does the delta riser do a better job supporting the wing than the boomba risers? Have any of y'all running it had issues with the wing cracking?
Definitely. It's extremely supportive and does a great job of making the FiST look more flash without making it look like it wants to be a Focus RS.

Absolutely. I replaced my cheap wing risers shortly after adding my Vega wing extension; way too much weight to put on the simple block risers. Once installed, it looks like an OEM product that retains just as much rigidity as if the wing was installed right to the hatch like before. No wiggle, rattle, no holding the wing in place every time you close the hatch, etc. If your wing is not broken, it will not break with a Delta riser. If your wing was broken like mine, use some epoxy to repair what you can, get it mounted w/ the Delta riser, and you won't even have to worry about that damage ever again.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Absolutely. I replaced my cheap wing risers shortly after adding my Vega wing extension; way too much weight to put on the simple block risers. Once installed, it looks like an OEM product that retains just as much rigidity as if the wing was installed right to the hatch like before. No wiggle, rattle, no holding the wing in place every time you close the hatch, etc. If your wing is not broken, it will not break with a Delta riser. If your wing was broken like mine, use some epoxy to repair what you can, get it mounted w/ the Delta riser, and you won't even have to worry about that damage ever again.
Unfortunately, my wing is broken, good to hear that the delta riser is a solid option. I like the way the risers look, they make the fist look less like an egg 😃

I just got my Delta Styling riser today. For those that have done the install, did you remove the foam tape that runs the length of one side of the stock wing so the riser would sit flush up against the stock wing or did you just leave it on?

Thanks,

George

I almost have it installed. The center-to-center distance of the threaded inserts that go into the holes in the hatch is 1/4" narrower than the center-to-center distance of the holes and will not go in. It looks like I'll have to drill out the 5/16" holes in the car to 7/16" and get some washers so I can attach the wing+riser to the car. If the carbon fiber sides didn't look so good on a magnetic car, I'd be a lot more disappointed in Delta Styling.

Ford Community Posts