Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Demon Tweeks UK, Speedline Wheels US questions

Looking for 16" wheel options a little outside the norm. The Konigs just make too much sense and I will probably end up with them but trying to exhaust all alternatives first.

Has anyone ordered from Demon Tweeks and shipped to the US? Some decent options there but after you add them to the cart shipping has one option for $600+. There has to be a cheaper way to get 4 sub 20lb boxes to the US...

The Speedlines are what I am interested in. They list one distributor in Hamilton Ontario and Mann Engineering a Scooby shop In California. Neither of course show anything about little 4x108 stuff.

Anybody even running Speedlines in the US? Ever dealt with any of these distributors?

Speedline 2120 Corse Torini 16x7 ET42
Speedlines

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wanted the 2120s (Turinis) in a 16x7, in a 'non-stock' gold color like they offer for the Scoobie sizes/apps.

I gave up on them because Four Star Motorsports (owned by the ex-Pro Rallyists, the Sprongl brothers, in Hamilton, Ontario) quoted me about $400.00 PER WHEEL shipped, must be fully pre-paid, and I will have to wait for at least four months for them. [mad]

Mann Engineering quoted me almost $350.00 per wheel, BEFORE shipping, and that was only for the 'stock' colors (white or anthracite).

I am still trying to get through to one of the Brit/Irish distributors (Performance Alloys, etc.), but the calls will NOT go through to these vendors, although I CAN get through to Speedline Corse UK, but they REFUSE to sell these wheels to me directly, without one of their distributors involved as middle men. [???:)]

I came to the sad conclusion that Speedline just does NOT want to sell wheels in this country whatsoever. [:(]

Yeah, like you, I wanted something 'different' from everyone else, but it looks like Konig will get my business for their all too ubiquitous on our rides, Dekagrams, since they WILL BE actually available, and for less than one THIRD the co$t of the Turini (which is not even Flow Formed in the 16" sizes,and heavier than the Dekagrams despite being an inch narrower [mad]).

Last edited:
OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #3
Ouch. That's not what I wanted hear, at all. Didn't have much hope but that probably ends the discussion for me.

I am still going to try Compomotive directly and see what options I can find through them.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looking for 16" wheel options a little outside the norm. The Konigs just make too much sense and I will probably end up with them but trying to exhaust all alternatives first.

Has anyone ordered from Demon Tweeks and shipped to the US? Some decent options there but after you add them to the cart shipping has one option for $600+. There has to be a cheaper way to get 4 sub 20lb boxes to the US...

The Speedlines are what I am interested in. They list one distributor in Hamilton Ontario and Mann Engineering a Scooby shop In California. Neither of course show anything about little 4x108 stuff.

Anybody even running Speedlines in the US? Ever dealt with any of these distributors?

Speedline 2120 Corse Torini 16x7 ET42
Speedlines
I have dealt with Demon Tweeks a few times to buy rally tires. Shipping took ~3 days which is very quick from the UK. Shipping was $100 for two tires but they don't need to be boxed up and can be treated like crap. It doesn't surprise me that it costs so much to ship a set of wheels insured for that amount from the UK. Since I ordered from them last year, their website now says I need to call them to place the order rather than just do it online. Not sure what that's about..

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #5
After doing some looking and guesstimating dims and weight on the 4 wheel boxes it seems like UPS could get them to me for more like $40-50 a wheel. That is more in line with what I figured. Demon Tweeks has a couple 16" Speedlines that I like, some TD's that I never see here and an Autec Wizard wheel that looks decent as well.

On Speedlines main page they list a ton of UK dealers, I may try contacting some of them and see if they are are more willing to help out with the logistics. Otherwise I may have freinds of a freind that may be able to help facilitate this.

Also going to try finding some UK FiST forums. The car is massively popular there, there must be people running these and shops that cater to people like us. Still Going to work on Compomotive, I had a set on a VW in the past its still my favorite wheel ever.

The backup plan is still to be rational and just get the Konigs. Hell I could get them powdercoated whatever I want right off the bat for less money and less hassle than any of this.

Your going to just hate some of the features on my choice for a 16X7 wheel, but I suspect you would love the price. BTW, the feature you will hate is the combined 5/4x108 pattern. While not a good choice for Racing it is good enough for a daily driver.

As for the appearance, it's actually a very good color match to our Magnetic Gray.

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #7
They don't look bad at all, but I cant do the dual drilled thing and kind of have different priorities in mind. Glad you like them.

the duke

I ordered my Team Dynamics Pro Race 3s from Demon Tweaks. Arrived across the pond in less than a week. I felt they were on par for what I wanted to pay, I didn't run into outrageous prices. Speedlines won't be cheap.

I would order from them again.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did forget all about Demon Tweaks though, and may just try calling them about the Turini before I completely give up on Speedline totally. [wink]