Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Details on COBB Economy tuning strategy?

iso100

1000 Post Club
I'm running this map until the spring time when I remove the winter tires and install the summer ones again.

Does anyone have technical details on what they did to squeeze out more efficiency over the pseudo economy map found in the "stage" maps via on-the-fly switching?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
From what i seen it seems boost curve and boost ramp has been changed along with some lambda values. There is plenty more room for improvement with a pro tune.

Russ

I'm running this map until the spring time when I remove the winter tires and install the summer ones again.

Does anyone have technical details on what they did to squeeze out more efficiency over the pseudo economy map found in the "stage" maps via on-the-fly switching?
I don't know what they did to get the real economy map, but the pseudo economy map (slot 2 on the v200 stock maps) is just a 0% Wastegate Duty Cycle across the board (wastegate always open)

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Only two key areas are changed when using either "Economy" and "Pseudo Economy" (Slot #2) modes ...And both ECO maps use similar strategies...

1) "Desired Fuel Target" values are slightly leaned out by roughly 0.2~0.3

Eco Fuel Targets.jpg

2) "WGDC Boost by Gear Multiplier" and "WGDC Base" values are all set to "0"

"A setting of 0 will eliminate WGDC at a given throttle position in the desired gear".

Eco Boost by Gear.jpg

Eco WGDC Base.jpg