Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did Ford or Mazda design Fiesta chassis?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Its a shared chassis.

Ford tuned the suspension on the ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Its a shared chassis.

Ford tuned the suspension on the ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually they did a little more than just tune the suspension the car was actually designed by Ford of Germany . While it shared chassis underpinnings with Mazda due to Mazda and Ford having a partnership during and leading up to the MK6 by the time the MK7.5 came out Ford and Mazda had parted ways. Yes basic chassis is the same but after that things diverge drastically. The engine in the FiST was built in England and is internally altered compared to a NA 1.6 liter Fiesta engine. So you cannot just go and say Ford tuned the FiST suspension and thats that . They made changes to the steering the brakes , wheels and tires . The engine as pointed out above. The interior features. Remember everywhere else except the U.S. Recaro’s were stock for the FiST not an option.

P.

anticon

This got my googling. I found a set of designer videos on YouTube, with Ernesto Rupar and Eugen Enns. Who apparently lead the exterior design. They both have linked in profiles that confirm it. There is also another video describing the exterior design of the mk6 model with Martin Smith. Also Wikipedia calls the B2E platform which was originally a Ford/Mazda collab.