Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Different forums?

So I look up a lot of random mods that I'm looking at doing and I've found two other forums for this car that seem pretty active: fiestast.net and fiestast.org. Why are there three forums and I also see a few members on the other forums like RodMoe. Just weird to have the information spread and not condensed.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
They are all owned by different people...I tend to stay on this one because its the most active and best managed. The other two sites are dead.

OP
SloCal
Thread Starter #3
They're dead now? Fiestast.net seems to have good info

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Hey, the more the merrier. I've been on the others, but like rooster said, this one is by far the most active with the most vendor activity.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
They are all owned by different people...I tend to stay on this one because its the most active and best managed. The other two sites are dead.
^ This.

I have participated a bit on all three, but .org likes to censor posts and has mostly FoST owners as moderators and .net has always had very little traffic. Net has some really good auto-x info and Org has a bunch of Aussies, but that's about it.

I use Alexa to compare site stats and this forum just walked away from the other two in the beginning of the year.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Sometimes I use google search to find some info on my car and on occasion the other forums pop up. I'll browse but never registered.

I did notice the one forum (forget which one) won't let you post about street racing? Lol.. I understand street racing is bad but banning people for talking about it......

This forum seems to be a bit more relaxed compared to the others

FocusMike

This is hands down the best FiST forum. All the new products and innovations are posted here.

I used .net back when I first got my car and everything was still brand new (Jan 2014) and the forums were all pretty slow. When I decided to pay more attention and finally get some mods rolling I found this one was far more active.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I do have accounts everywhere mainly to see what mountune is doing which is the .net but there is no draw there.

Nice civil crowd, friendly mature environment whixh encourages the vendors. Good discussions if sometimes a little "heated", new topics regularly, my build thread [biggrin], global community sharing the same passion and willing to help each other on and OFF the forum. [twothumb]

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I started on all three forums, after a few months I dropped the other two and stayed here.

Here's my take on the forums.

.net - Completely flat-lined. A few scattered topics but mostly empty.

.org - Somewhat dead and dying fast. Good place to be if you want to know what are the best decals, mudflaps, led lights and shift knob for your FiST.

.com - Very active. Building big horsepower, pro and self tuning, lots of suspension talk, lots of vendor involvement and all around great forum.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
^ This.

I have participated a bit on all three, but .org likes to censor posts and has mostly FoST owners as moderators
I never knew that, why the heck do they have a FiST forum if they are FoST owners?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
This. I pretty much left the scene for a year after joining 5 different forums, I couldn't keep up, got overwhelmed and then had less than satisfactory results with my car. I only post here and update on one other now. It's a much more sustainable approach. [:p]

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I never knew that, why the heck do they have a FiST forum if they are FoST owners?
Sometimes it's easier to take people you trust and task them with a platform that they have no knowledge of. Sometimes that works, but rarely. Mostly due to the fact that if there's no vested interest in progressing the platform there's little interest in managing it effectively or building the relationships necessary to network it. I get to say this because I've been asked to do the same and I watched as the same thing happened-nothing.

I could break this down much further than anyone would ever care to here, but let's just settle on the fact that site ownership is basically a business and there are many 'business owners' out there. I don't know if Zach owns other sites, but I know the owners of the other two sites and they do. I've watched and evaluated how they establish, promote, and run different sites to get better insight on factors that help make or break forums.

As an example, if you count each vendor listed on this site and compare it to those on .org, you'll see that we're 'lacking' in the physical number. Conversely, there is significantly more vendor participation and overall platform progress here. There's a reason for both of those that aren't exactly the same but are related. If you want to make it more interesting, screenshot the vendors on .org and compare the list to those on FocusST.org...the results shouldn't be surprising.

There are other certain relationships and non-helpful mindsets prevailing, which is why Mountune (only as an example, I have plenty of others as well) has such a drastically higher post count on .net compared to either of the other two sites. A lot of people want to point to certain aspects (vendor numbers, 'true enthusiasts', etc.) as to why a site is 'the best', but only site statistics can tell you which ones are legitimately the top performers.

That's a brief overview of an easy yet overly-complicated business. Competition is literally everywhere, so establishing a site and keeping it moving/progressing is not necessarily a small task. It's been fun (and also extremely irritating) watching the three of these sites progress, from a site-management perspective at least.

MOFiST

It's funny I remember for a little while post the Razorlab ban fallout on this site that .org started to boom. It did fade quickly over there and that's a shame. I don't like censorship either though but I don't think you can go all out because it usually gets brutal quickly. This forum is pretty civil and is constructed better imo. Also forums come down to membership base and this place has the most active chat with different perspectives which helps for sure.
I do wish for more stickies over here though as the same questions seem to keep coming up.
But yeah this place is the best. Others aren't even close right now.

It's funny I remember for a little while post the Razorlab ban fallout on this site that .org started to boom. It did fade quickly over there and that's a shame. I don't like censorship either though but I don't think you can go all out because it usually gets brutal quickly. This forum is pretty civil and is constructed better imo. Also forums come down to membership base and this place has the most active chat with different perspectives which helps for sure.
I do wish for more stickies over here though as the same questions seem to keep coming up.
But yeah this place is the best. Others aren't even close right now.
I think the issue is we need BETTER stickies, not more of them. Just as a quick for instance, the "Intercooler Info" thread is...not great. It started as just a quick post by Rod and somehow became an ever evolving conversation about different intercoolers. Not a bad thread, but also not an "Info" thread. I was hoping to find size and dimension information, maybe with a nice clean round up of different options and linked info. Just my .02

Harvick

1000 Post Club

Sometimes it's easier to take people you trust and task them with a platform that they have no knowledge of. Sometimes that works, but rarely. Mostly due to the fact that if there's no vested interest in progressing the platform there's little interest in managing it effectively or building the relationships necessary to network it. I get to say this because I've been asked to do the same and I watched as the same thing happened-nothing.

I could break this down much further than anyone would ever care to here, but let's just settle on the fact that site ownership is basically a business and there are many 'business owners' out there. I don't know if Zach owns other sites, but I know the owners of the other two sites and they do. I've watched and evaluated how they establish, promote, and run different sites to get better insight on factors that help make or break forums.

As an example, if you count each vendor listed on this site and compare it to those on .org, you'll see that we're 'lacking' in the physical number. Conversely, there is significantly more vendor participation and overall platform progress here. There's a reason for both of those that aren't exactly the same but are related. If you want to make it more interesting, screenshot the vendors on .org and compare the list to those on FocusST.org...the results shouldn't be surprising.

There are other certain relationships and non-helpful mindsets prevailing, which is why Mountune (only as an example, I have plenty of others as well) has such a drastically higher post count on .net compared to either of the other two sites. A lot of people want to point to certain aspects (vendor numbers, 'true enthusiasts', etc.) as to why a site is 'the best', but only site statistics can tell you which ones are legitimately the top performers.

That's a brief overview of an easy yet overly-complicated business. Competition is literally everywhere, so establishing a site and keeping it moving/progressing is not necessarily a small task. It's been fun (and also extremely irritating) watching the three of these sites progress, from a site-management perspective at least.

FocusMike

I think the issue is we need BETTER stickies, not more of them. Just as a quick for instance, the "Intercooler Info" thread is...not great. It started as just a quick post by Rod and somehow became an ever evolving conversation about different intercoolers. Not a bad thread, but also not an "Info" thread. I was hoping to find size and dimension information, maybe with a nice clean round up of different options and linked info. Just my .02
Like this? http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3755-Which-Fiesta-ST-intercooler-did-you-choose