Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DIY Resonator Deletes

So In an attempt to avoid warranty voids, CELs, and starting down a slippery modding slope I want to do a resonator delete to get a little more noise out of my FiST without having to do a full turbo/catback. It's pretty easy except for the euro-spec 55mm piping. Being in the US where less reasonable measurement standards exist, I'm wondering if I could cut out the resonator and replace it with a section of 2.25" pipe myself without causing and strange back pressure/sound side effects due to a slightly larger tube. It's a daily so I really just want a little more vroom vroom noise that's not the symposer.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
On the way home from buying my car I had Midas Muffler cut it out with room to reinstall if I wanted, swagged the SS 2.25 pipe down and welded it for $100. Did not make much audible difference.