Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dizzy/Fuel-It Ethanol Gauge

DesertRat

I have a 19 magnetic with a few upgrades. Have been running an E30 tune from Jason for probably about 9 months, and love it, but the guesstimating at the pump was getting worrisome. I have been lurking on the forum for a while now doing my research, and my solution was to do a Dizzy ethanol gauge kit (minus the in-car gauge since I really didn't want to mess with modifying the dash area, even to a small extent) and a Fuel-It! Bluetooth flex fuel analyzer. Since I didn't need the in-car gauge Jason sold me only the parts I needed, which definitely kept the cost more manageable. My plan was to do an install post but as usual I started and forgot to take photos during the process. Honestly it was so easy I don't think it would have benefitted many on the forum. This is slightly more expensive than just going with the Dizzy kit (which by the way I highly recommend as it is very well made and has good instructions) but if you want the easiest, and I think best, solution it is worth it. After the install it was gratifying to see that I was already running E31, thanks to the Tune+ ethanol calculator . Since our (AZ) E85 is usually at the minimum level of 51% I also bought an E50 tune from Jason. After my first fill-up with E85 it took a little while to climb from E31 to its final of E51. If anyone wants details let me know.

Attachments

Se7eN

I want to go the Bluetooth rout myself as I would only be using it at the track since we don't have gas stations with E85 over here. Very cool results.

Great work! I was pondering an Ethanol monitor as well, but like you also did not want to add an aftermarket gauge inside the car. This looks like a very sweet solution✔️

DAW

I have a 19 magnetic with a few upgrades. Have been running an E30 tune from Jason for probably about 9 months, and love it, but the guesstimating at the pump was getting worrisome. I have been lurking on the forum for a while now doing my research, and my solution was to do a Dizzy ethanol gauge kit (minus the in-car gauge since I really didn't want to mess with modifying the dash area, even to a small extent) and a Fuel-It! Bluetooth flex fuel analyzer. Since I didn't need the in-car gauge Jason sold me only the parts I needed, which definitely kept the cost more manageable. My plan was to do an install post but as usual I started and forgot to take photos during the process. Honestly it was so easy I don't think it would have benefitted many on the forum. This is slightly more expensive than just going with the Dizzy kit (which by the way I highly recommend as it is very well made and has good instructions) but if you want the easiest, and I think best, solution it is worth it. After the install it was gratifying to see that I was already running E31, thanks to the Tune+ ethanol calculator . Since our (AZ) E85 is usually at the minimum level of 51% I also bought an E50 tune from Jason. After my first fill-up with E85 it took a little while to climb from E31 to its final of E51. If anyone wants details let me know.
Thanks for the tip, I too am in az.

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Do you mind posting the P/N's you used to build the fuel tube?

How is the E50 tune? I hate making E30 all the time, just using an E50 tune would be way easier.

TIA

Dhousden

I know this is two years old but I broke my dizzy ethanol gauge and wanted to try the fuel-it blue tooth analyzer. How exactly does this work with the dizzy kit? I’d love to see how you have it wired up….I think I know but wouldn’t mind a bit of confirmation lol