Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

dizzy pop/ dizzy burb on stock downpipe?

Is it ok to have the dizzy tune pops and burbles on a stock down pipe? my friend with a BMW says that if your not catless it can mess up your engine, just wanted to double check. Thank you!

OP
Garrettrulz10
Thread Starter #7
I can't recommend running catless because it's bad for the environment, illegal on the street, and smells horrible to be in line behind at autocrosses.
true, so what’s the better solution? also don’t really plan on auto crossing just cause there are not really any events near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

just personal preference i’m a young kid and think it sounds cool so yeah it’s pointless but that’s not what i’m worried about.

Getting an exhaust and getting natural noises sounds much better than fake-ass pops.

You do you, but I just never understood the allure. Especially with the result of punishing those around you (both aurally and olfactorily).

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
just personal preference i’m a young kid and think it sounds cool so yeah it’s pointless but that’s not what i’m worried about.

I recommend using the search feature embedded in this forum. This topic has been covered 10's of times and your first post here is to ask this question. You may want to try introducing yourself first in the new member section.

To answer your question:

You can run a burble tune on the stock cat, it may damage it long term but I have not seen this personally if you use a reputable tuner like Jason @ Dizzy. An aftermarket cat would be the better option. I am sure @ron@whoosh can get you setup with a good option. Catless should not be an option for a street driven vehicle. Many of our users (myself included) are passionate about the stupidity of running catless. Period. That is why you are getting push back on this topic.

EDIT: I like the burble tune and run one with my whoosh catted downpipe. It sounds good, and hasn't damaged my cat over the last 80k miles (stock cat and whoosh cat). While pretty pointless, I understand why you want to do it as it sounds cool.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
true, so what’s the better solution? also don’t really plan on auto crossing just cause there are not really any events near me.

Most 3" cat back systems will give you some natural decel pops and definitely many 'burbles', even on a fully factory snail/tune, just like my CP-E does every time I drive it. [wink] [thumb]

If you INSIST on having those 'ladyfinger firecracker' type crackles, just get a Veloster N, as they have a function setting which enables that sound right from the factory. LOL

Last edited:
OP
Garrettrulz10
Thread Starter #14
Most 3" cat back systems will give you some natural decel pops and definitely many 'burbles', even on a fully factory snail/tune, just like my CP-E does every time I drive it. [wink] [thumb]

If you INSIST on having those 'ladyfinger firecracker' type crackles, just get a Veloster N, as they have a function which enables that sound right from the factory. LOL
nah man not even worth getting a veloster when i already bought the thing for my FiST to do it and with the amount that car is i could buy something way better like a focus RS or better yet an STI... I do plan to upgrade to a 3” eventually tho.

You could also ask me :)
DizzyBurb is not recommended in the stock downpipe because it in most cases is not even heard. DizzyPop however can be heard on the stock downpipe.

With hundreds sold of each, I have not heard of any engine damage as the changes made to the tune are only on deceleration.

Erick_V

FWIW I'm one of the very few people on this forum that had a pop tune and had the stock cat fail. Was it directly caused by it? Who knows, maybe I was just unlucky. I went to a whoosh catted downpipe and like JDG haven't had any issues.

Brianmc27

DizzyBurb is not recommended in the stock downpipe because it in most cases is not even heard. DizzyPop however can be heard on the stock downpipe.

With hundreds sold of each, I have not heard of any engine damage as the changes made to the tune are only on deceleration.
Psh. What does this guy know?

OP
Garrettrulz10
Thread Starter #19

Thank you sir, I meant to ask you but i figured you where a busy man and didn’t want to bug you either a question i could have answered but i should have reached out to you first. well i ordered both the burb and pop add on for my custom tune, so what would you recommend for more performance? i’m leaning toward catless cause it would be louder, allow to flow better, and it’s in the cheaper side. Thank you again for reaching out! Can’t wait to try your tune out!

Thank you sir, I meant to ask you but i figured you where a busy man and didn’t want to bug you either a question i could have answered but i should have reached out to you first. well i ordered both the burb and pop add on for my custom tune, so what would you recommend for more performance? i’m leaning toward catless cause it would be louder, allow to flow better, and it’s in the cheaper side. Thank you again for reaching out! Can’t wait to try your tune out!

Exhaust modification will do nothing with the atock turbo, as the stock exhaust system can flow more than the stock turbo ever could. Spend that on an intercooler or bypass valve, then start saving for a larger turbo. :)