Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do I need camber plates?

There's a lot of conflicting info on the interwebs so if someone much smarter and with more experience could chime in I'd appreciate it.
PS I think that's everyone.

I'm installing b14 PSS and plan on running 16x8 +40 Dekagrams with either 215/40s or 205/45s and an unselected BBK and don't want to rub, roll fenders or slot strut mount holes.
Will I need camber adjustable top mounts and rear camber plates to achieve that?
Are the DNA mounts any good?
Thanks all

Dpro

6000 Post Club
If you are reasonably lowered you definitely can rub with 215/45’s on Dekagrams my friend did. If you deCamber you will have more clearance. You could get away with slotted bottoms on front as I believe the Bilsteins are slotted on the bottom upper mount holes for camber.
If you want need rear camber plates I sell them for $85 shipped of course it might be a bit extra since you are in Canada unless you have a U.S. pickup location in Washington. I know a lot of you guys do that.

Anways here is a link to my forsale thread
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...grees-of-negative-camber-for-your-fist.22474/

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #3
If you are reasonably lowered you definitely can rub with 215/45’s on Dekagrams my friend did. If you deCamber you will have more clearance. You could get away with slotted bottoms on front as I believe the Bilsteins are slotted on the bottom upper mount holes for camber.
If you want need rear camber plates I sell them for $85 shipped of course it might be a bit extra since you are in Canada unless you have a U.S. pickup location in Washington. I know a lot of you guys do that.

Anways here is a link to my forsale thread
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...grees-of-negative-camber-for-your-fist.22474/
Thanks for the reply. It'll be a 40 profile tire if I go 215 section width. There are like a whole 2 to choose from.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thanks for the reply. It'll be a 40 profile tire if I go 215 section width. There are like a whole 2 to choose from.
The whole reason for going 16’s is to go to a 45 aspect ratio. Going to a 215/40 16 is significantly shorter than our stock diameters you would gain exactly 4mm in sidewall height vs 16mm with a 45 series even with a 205/45 you are still gaining 10mm of sidewall height.
Being on that setup right now I can attest to how much it improved ride. On and because I went with a 8.2 section width 7.5 tread width 205 its more like a 215 but it does not rub. I still run negative camber though as it helps stability in in corners and eliminates twitchiness. The rear is thoroughly planted and the breakway level is elevated big time.

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #5
I wanted to take advantage of a wider tire and lowered unsprung weight without increasing the chances of rubbing/fitment issues when lowering. Maybe our roads are alright here because I don't mind the ride quality of stock so I'm not too worried about that. Is turn in affected very much going to the 45?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I wanted to take advantage of a wider tire and lowered unsprung weight without increasing the chances of rubbing/fitment issues when lowering. Maybe our roads are alright here because I don't mind the ride quality of stock so I'm not too worried about that. Is turn in affected very much going to the 45?
In a 16 pretty much no. My friend is running Azenis in 215/45 he does not complain about worse turn in. I am running the wide Federal RS Pro in 205/45 and my turn in is awesome. Lol

Even on a BFG Sport Comp I have not noticed a decrease in turn in. I have found the car to bounce a lot less on uneven pavement (110 freeway) and generally soak the road better. I would never go back to a 40 tire.

Brianmc27

I definitely lost some turn-in feel with my 215/45
Feddies, but it was worth every bit for gaining that extra sidewall. Much smoother ride.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Also, I know they’re not as aggressive as the RSRRs, but I wasn’t aware that the ST-1s were thought of as soft. There doesn’t seem to be enough user data/reviews to substantiate that.
The y are not bad but they are a replacement for the 595 EVO I ran those on my old P10 and one of my BMW’s. It‘s high performance tire not a Ultra high performance so the sidewalls will be softer. If you are suffering on turn in with the 45 series of the tire I can tell you its the sidewall. because I know people running Azenis, BFG‘s, and RSR’s,RSRR’s and I am running RS Pro’s and all have no degradation in turn in after coming from factory 17’s.

Brianmc27

The y are not bad but they are a replacement for the 595 EVO I ran those on my old P10 and one of my BMW’s. It‘s high performance tire not a Ultra high performance so the sidewalls will be softer. If you are suffering on turn in with the 45 series of the tire I can tell you its the sidewall. because I know people running Azenis, BFG‘s, and RSR’s,RSRR’s and I am running RS Pro’s and all have no degradation in turn in after coming from factory 17’s.
Good to know!
I’m pretty happy with them, but the degradation is definitely there.
Hoping Falken or someone else makes a newer offering in 215s after these have run their course.

Brianmc27

You can get 615’s in 215 that is what Koozy is running.
I was on a spousal budget constraint and the ST-1s were half the price.

That and I was nervous about the winter ability of the Azenis.

I may go Azenis or Rival 1.5s next time around.