Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do I need wheel spacers

EnriqueST

I’m deciding wether or not I want to get fender flares but my only problem is deciding if wheel size and width will give me the look I’m going for or do I need wheel spacers? Also, where do I get spacers if I do? And if I decide not to get fender flares, maybe I want to make the wheel come out a little bit more. what’s the recommended size, width and brand of wheel I should get and if I need the spacers what size for that do I get as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a whole lot going on in your questions here...
If you get flares, I'd say get wheels with the appropriate width and offset to avoid the use of spacers unless needed. If you end up going to side on the spacers, you'll need to install longer wheel bolts as well and then there's the controversy of does it negatively impact your wheel bearings.

If you're NOT getting flares, you can easily find some wheels in the appropriate width/offset to get however flush of a look you're going for. Many run a 8" wide wheel to get as close to flush as possible in the 38-42 offset. Some run a 20 offset and I'm sure it involves fender rolling and maybe some pulling. Tire size plays into this as well because 45 series tires are almost sure to rub if you're lowered and the tires available in the 215-225/40 are very limited.

What look are you going for?
Some solid wheel choices:
Rota Grid/Titan/Reece in 17x8
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in 17x8 or 17x7.5
Konig Dekagrams in 16x8 (if you can wait till march)
There some Sparco's in 17x7.8

Tons of useful info in the wheel/tire section

Ford Community Posts