Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do you run your tune in the winter?

The chilly weather today has me thinking about winter prep. I currently run a Dizzy Stage 2 (93 Oct.) tune on one step colder plugs. Since I'm going to be on narrower, less sticky winter tires anyway, I'm wondering if I should go back to the stock tune for the winter. And if so, should I put the stock plugs back in?

Just wondering what other people who live up north do during the winter.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I am on a Hybrid, so I cannot load a stock tune. I do have the "efficiency" or low boost tune that I keep loaded during the winter. I keep the colder plugs in as well. If you feel like it is taking too long to start in the morning, switch back to the original heat range of plugs.

I'm planning on going back to stock plugs and tune for the winter. I had a couple weird behaviors with missing that may be associated with the colder plugs that I'd like to see if I can avoid with going to stock, and like OP said, even with the Quaife I'm not getting nearly enough traction most of the time to make use of the tune. I'm going to pull the coilovers and just use stock springs and the old Bilsteins too, so it should be a huge change all around come spring!

The chilly weather today has me thinking about winter prep. I currently run a Dizzy Stage 2 (93 Oct.) tune on one step colder plugs. Since I'm going to be on narrower, less sticky winter tires anyway, I'm wondering if I should go back to the stock tune for the winter. And if so, should I put the stock plugs back in?

Just wondering what other people who live up north do during the winter.
I specifically kept the OEM plugs because of Winter. It'll be the first for me and the FiST in a Virginia Winter, but I don't think it's going to be bad enough here to cause the Dizzy tune any issues.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I specifically kept the OEM plugs because of Winter. It'll be the first for me and the FiST in a Virginia Winter, but I don't think it's going to be bad enough here to cause the Dizzy tune any issues.
I kept my dizzy 93 octane tune in Northern VA. Sure, we didn't have any snow to write home about last year either. And I have the mazda 5 w/snows on it when it does.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I run the bad gas tune as soon as the winter tires go on. Still some power but keeps the skinny winters from spinning too much

CSM

1000 Post Club
I run my 93/E30 tunes year round on my X37 hybrid. Haven't had an issues on my winter setup. Just have to be lighter on the throttle IMO