Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does ANYONE actually have the StopTech BBK fitted??

Unfortunately I put mine on today and noticed that there was no way in Zeus' butthole that I could fit wheels over the caliper under the stock fenders (see my build thread for more details).

That got me thinking...I bought the StopTech BBK on good faith of their name, I didn't look to see anyone running it first.

Now I've been digging around the internet and I cannot find ONE person running the StopTech BBK on a Fiesta ST aside from the SEMA Cobb car from a few years ago.

Is anyone out there running it and if so can you share what wheels, spacers, extended studs, over fenders or whatever the heck you did to clear the calipers and be able to drive the car?

KKaWing

Ouch, sorry to hear that. For what it's worth, I printed out the template when they first came out for shits and giggles. Seems like they need a 15mm spacer for the stock wheels.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
I ran the template after the fact because I assumed with my aggressive wheel fitment clearing the Wilwoods no problem that I'd be OK. Definitely confirms about a 12mm spacer on my already +40 17x8 wheels. I really don't know what wheel could fit these brakes aside from the very unique Motegi MR119 which was on the Cobb SEMA car with these brakes and is now discontinued.

Still hoping to find 1 customer with the brake kit but I haven't yet. I've been all over instagram, Google, multiple forums and cannot find anyone running them.

I can tell from looking at the brake design that they should've made the ring of the rotor hat thicker so that it positions the rotor more inboard and then make a thinner adapter brake for the caliper accordingly. Theres a solid 10mm alone that they could've pulled everything inward.

Unfortunately I may have made a major error trusting that StopTech wouldn't list a vehicle-specific fitment that wasn't realistic to fit. I should've taken a hint if I couldn't find ANYONE running these...

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I ran the template after the fact because I assumed with my aggressive wheel fitment clearing the Wilwoods no problem that I'd be OK. Definitely confirms about a 12mm spacer on my already +40 17x8 wheels. I really don't know what wheel could fit these brakes aside from the very unique Motegi MR119 which was on the Cobb SEMA car with these brakes and is now discontinued.

Still hoping to find 1 customer with the brake kit but I haven't yet. I've been all over instagram, Google, multiple forums and cannot find anyone running them.

I can tell from looking at the brake design that they should've made the ring of the rotor hat thicker so that it positions the rotor more inboard and then make a thinner adapter brake for the caliper accordingly. Theres a solid 10mm alone that they could've pulled everything inward.

Unfortunately I may have made a major error trusting that StopTech wouldn't list a vehicle-specific fitment that wasn't realistic to fit. I should've taken a hint if I couldn't find ANYONE running these...
Was the Stoptech BBK template telling the truth once you tried it on your wheels?

I'm sure its irrelevant now but I ran both Stoptech BBK templates(they apparently have two rotor sizes for the FiST), and with my 17x8 38mm offset TD Pro Race 1.2s they both clear the spokes with a good 8-10mm clearance left. Now this is trusting that the template is correct. We'll see once I acquire the kit.

Its hard to know since BBK caliper clearance depends on wheel diameter, offset, AND spoke design. So the TD with its outward direction spoke design might actually be the proper wheel for it. No one who ran this kit had TD wheel so I have to be the guinea pig.

I double checked, triple checked, and quadruple checked that I cut and was using the template correctly just to make sure because many people have like 1-2mm clearance while mine was sitting happy with a good amount of clearance.

EDIT: Here's the pics showing the clearance I should have:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Was the Stoptech BBK template telling the truth once you tried it on your wheels?

I'm sure its irrelevant now but I ran both Stoptech BBK templates(they apparently have two rotor sizes for the FiST), and with my 17x8 38mm offset TD Pro Race 1.2s they both clear the spokes with a good 8-10mm clearance left. Now this is trusting that the template is correct. We'll see once I acquire the kit.

Its hard to know since BBK caliper clearance depends on wheel diameter, offset, AND spoke design. So the TD with its outward direction spoke design might actually be the proper wheel for it. No one who ran this kit had TD wheel so I have to be the guinea pig.

I double checked, triple checked, and quadruple checked that I cut and was using the template correctly just to make sure because many people have like 1-2mm clearance while mine was sitting happy with a good amount of clearance.

EDIT: Here's the pics showing the clearance I should have:

This will be interesting to see. Tirerack is closing out my OZ Leggendas so I need to find another option besides the Rota Grid. I may order a Konig Hypergram for test fitment but I need to talk to the reseller first to see if I can return it if fitment is way off. Iā€™m not opposed to race-spec spacers. Ive been tracking the shit out of mine without a problem.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
This will be interesting to see. Tirerack is closing out my OZ Leggendas so I need to find another option besides the Rota Grid. I may order a Konig Hypergram for test fitment but I need to talk to the reseller first to see if I can return it if fitment is way off. Iā€™m not opposed to race-spec spacers. Ive been tracking the shit out of mine without a problem.
I'm definitely anxious to see the result. Especially since AccelJunky went through hell and back buying 5 sets of wheels to see what fits, but he never got any TD wheels to test fitment on so thats why I'm a little ambitious about it, plus if the template is correct I'm fine. Also, the TD's have a outward spoke design and deeper hub so that makes me feel a little better as well.

I have spacers on my other car as well. I feel as long as you get quality spacers and they aren't TOO big you should be fine. I would really prefer not to get spacers if this BBK doesn't fit because the wheel is a 17x8 38mm offset so if I get a spacer the wheel/wire would literally be poking and I don't want that.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I wonder if they would fit with the 42ET, 17x8 Pro Race 1.2s? [dunno]
Excellent question. As far as I know spoke design and offset has an effect on it. I want to think the Pro Race 1.2s are perfect design as the spokes go outward and the hub itself on the wheel is deep.

You can see what I mean comparing AccelJunkys pic to mine in relation to the hub being deeper:

Sekred

1000 Post Club
The ET is the biggest factor for caliper clearance. If you need a extra 15mm to clear big brakes then you will need a ET of 32.5. OEM ET 47.5 - 15mm.
Spoke design makes a difference too, the way the spokes curve out from the hub can give you a few extra mms too.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The ET is the biggest factor for caliper clearance. If you need a extra 15mm to clear big brakes then you will need a ET of 32.5. OEM ET 47.5 - 15mm.
Spoke design makes a difference too, the way the spokes curve out from the hub can give you a few extra mms too.
Thats probably my key to success then(hopefully, I'm still skeptical until I have the BBK in hand). 38mm offset plus the mm's I'm getting from the outward spokes.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, the very thing that many hate about the 17" Pro Race 1.2s (besides the weight complaints about them), their convex spoke shape, may just be their saving grace in this case of over-sized Stop tech calipers. [wink] [thumb]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Yes, the very thing that many hate about the 17" Pro Race 1.2s (besides the weight complaints about them), their convex spoke shape, may just be their saving grace in this case of over-sized Stop tech calipers. [wink] [thumb]
I actually like them, its different and doesn't look bad in this size or on this car atleast.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I actually like them, its different and doesn't look bad in this size or on this car atleast.
Same here with my 42ET versions with 215/40s on them. [thumb]

My only regret is getting them in gloss black, instead of matte/satin black, thinking that the gloss will be easier to keep clean (which it IS, but does not look as good as the matte). [:(]

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I just want you to hurry up so I can see pics of these brakes installed on your car LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I just want you to hurry up so I can see pics of these brakes installed on your car LOL

In a little over a week lol, saving for a house takes priority atm. This is testing my patience as I'm not a patient person and I really want to get them now lmao

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Did you actually buy that red kit from the other member on here?