Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does anyone else have a non-working brightness switch?

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
The switch on the left side of the steering wheel with the up/down arrow is, I believe anyway, supposed to adjust the brightness of the gauges. However anytime I try to use it, headlights on or off, it doesn't do anything. Does anyone else have this problem?

I believe it's tied into the head units day/night feature... maybe play around with both? I leave the screen on night mode always

Spaceman_Spiff

It seem really unresponsive (or slow, anyhow) but I did get it to dim eventually.

grnmachine02

It moves in increments that are damn near unmeasurable to the human eye. The only changes I actually notice when adjusting mine are really bright, and off.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Weird. I just kept tapping the down arrow and it didn't seem obvious that it was dimming.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I just did on my way home this evening, holding it down seems to do the trick but it is slooooooooow.

Funny you'd mention this; the dimmer in my FiST seems to work normally, but the one in my wife's Escape is extremely slow as you described. What's more, the Escape's instrument lights seem to default to full brightness with each startup, instead of retaining the previous setting.

FB

You have to hold it for an age before anything happens. It would be nice if a little scale showed up in the trip meter or sync screen. But once I set mine I just left it