Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does disconnecting the MAF without disconnecting the battery make AC stop working?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Preface: I am an ocd level note taker when doing things.

Every time I work on a car I make a project plan outline, then the granular steps to reach milestones, then I work against the checklist.
In doing this, I can always mine data later to find correlations, optimizations, etc. I know it’s overkill, but it’s how I work. After I am done I dump my data into a database so I can look things up if I need to. I changed my trans fluid today, and during my test drive my ac doesn’t work. This has happened before...

So... I checked my database and there’s a 100% correlation between disconnecting the MAF sensor with the battery still connected, and the AC not working for a while afterwords. Correlation does not necessarily equal causation, for sure, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar correlation.

Thoughts?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
When I installed my ST200 airbox I obviously had to disconnect the MAF sensor, I did not disconnect the battery.
I did not notice any issues. Very interesting.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Ha! Verified it 5 times in a row now. If I disconnect the battery before unplugging the Maf, ac works fine. If I reset ecu learning on my AP after unplugging the Maf, ac works fine.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So maybe thats why my Auto climate control loves running at full bore when i press the AC button

I disconnected my MAF and BOOM! No A/C! But I disconnected the Positive cable on the battery and put it back on and it recycled thru heat and cool and stayed cold or normal.