Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Door panel pull handle repair

I've got a couple Fiesta's and one of my children pulled real hard on the passenger inside door pull handle and broke it. After some quick research I found that the part was not replaceable and I could not find a local salvage yard with a door panel so I figured I'd just fix it.
Here is what I came up with.
Thick sheet metal drilled and bent at 90 degrees to fit down in the recess of the broken top mount. Drilled some discreet holes through the bottom of the handle to put some stainless button head bolts into. I also ran some bolts through the bottom part of the handle to reinforce that area. Used some crazy glue to reattach the piece that broke off and used my dremel to trim away pieces of plastic that were in the way of the bolts.
Once installed you can't see any bolts and it feels stronger than it did originaly.
Hope this helps someone πŸ€“πŸ‘

Attachments

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
She is about 90lbs and the car is well used.
Although you may not want arm wrestle her πŸ˜‰