Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Fourth of July Special $49.99 Dpro Rear Camber plates 2+ degrees nominal negative camber! ! for your FiST!

Trader history for Dpro (5)

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
So this year I am running your plates as the only change from last year (same tires even). I now am 2 wheeling during auto cross. So yeah, they do make a difference.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #102
So this year I am running your plates as the only change from last year (same tires even). I now am 2 wheeling during auto cross. So yeah, they do make a difference.
so you are running faster times I take it. Are you running a rear sway bar or is that out of class.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
so you are running faster times I take it. Are you running a rear sway bar or is that out of class.
A touch faster, yes. I am having to adjust how I drive a tad to limit this new behavior. I do not have a rear sway but I do have a Pierce torsion bar stiffener and MeisterR coilovers.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #104
A touch faster, yes. I am having to adjust how I drive a tad to limit this new behavior. I do not have a rear sway but I do have a Pierce torsion bar stiffener and MeisterR coilovers.
ah nice ya I am thinking about the MeisterR‘s myself I also have a rear sway bar to put on. I noticed tighter entries but more push on exit so I figured putting the sway bar in should dial back in some of the kick out in the rear causing less push in the front.

So while it will be more connected in the rear it will still dive in on the front. I did notice a much higher breakaway point as well.

The Pierce torsion bar in a sense is doing what a sway bar would do as our rear beams are actually twist beams so they do act in a similar fashion to a sway bars

So ya they do alter how the car drives a bit I could see how someone who was used to how the car drove previous might have a problem driving it faster without adjusting how they drive it. Though in the end one should be able to drive the car faster.
I know I noticed immediately that with my car.

Last edited:
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #110
Getting the corner balanced right now and these plates put me at 2 degrees! Thanks @Dpro
NIce awesome to hear this.. I specifically worked on the second batch to bring the tolerances up to where it would be 1.8-2 degree negative. Its not as simple as it seems to manufacturer these.
It‘s great to have someone report back on it.

Curious about these, wouldn’t adding negative camber on the rear make the rear end less likely to step out, especially during lift off oversteer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #112
Curious about these, wouldn’t adding negative camber on the rear make the rear end less likely to step out, especially during lift off oversteer?

Yes in fact it does it raises your breakaway point much higher. The question is are you aiming to go through corners faster. possibly change your driving technique. Most people that run these in conjunction with a pierce torsion beam brace and or swaybars have reported faster times overall. I know with my own car adding these gave me much faster entry speeds as the rear end did not let go as soon. I then added in a Hotchkis rear swaybar to eliminate possibility of push on the exit and give back a bit of that playfulness9 lift off oversteer) that the car exhibits stock. The result is the car is downright a blast in corners now not to say it was not stock. Though I can honestly say after doing the two in conjunction it makes you even more fearless in a car that already inspired confidence going into and through corners. :ROFLMAO:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even if you do not add any bracing, or sway bar in the back, and just increase the spring rate, and matching damper valving rate, whether part of a coil over system, or factory style replacements of the rear suspension (as I plan to do, since high rate sway bars/added beam axle braces in the back can actually become dangerous when driving on gravel/dirt), these plates will help quell excessive lift off oversteer.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #114
Even if you do not add any bracing, or sway bar in the back, and just increase the spring rate, and matching damper valving rate, whether part of a coil over system, or factory style replacements of the rear suspension (as I plan to do, since high rate sway bars/added beam axle braces in the back can actually become dangerous when driving on gravel/dirt), these plates will help quell excessive lift off oversteer.
ya setting up for gravel and off road can be different. I do know there is at least one person doing rally stuff with my plates. The Autocross guys absolutely love them.

DoomsdayMelody

Ever think of making a half degree shim? I’m not sure I want to go all the way to -1.8 camber.
Stands to reason you could pay to have the current plate machined to remove half the material and and up with just under a degree of negative camber.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #118
Stands to reason you could pay to have the current plate machined to remove half the material and and up with just under a degree of negative camber.

I know that would be cost ineffective lol. That is why I do not make multiple sizes. I make plates that give you at least 1.8-2.0.