Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Fourth of July Special $49.99 Dpro Rear Camber plates 2+ degrees nominal negative camber! ! for your FiST!

Trader history for Dpro (5)

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The issue that I had when adding camber plates is that the additional thickness of the rock Shields cause the ABS sensor not to protrude far enough to correctly read the cog on the hub.
Ohhh I see! That makes sense now. Do you have any issues with ABS as described above?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
In addition I removed my rock shields because I have larger brakes as well.
I have never had any issues with my brakes and my ABS works perfectly.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
In addition I removed my rock shields because I have larger brakes as well.
I have never had any issues with my brakes and my ABS works perfectly.
OK, it looks like if I wanted to run the rock shields, I could cut out a rectangle the same shape as these plates and then weld it back on to the plate as to not increase the thickness more than just the plate.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
OK, it looks like if I wanted to run the rock shields, I could cut out a rectangle the same shape as these plates and then weld it back on to the plate as to not increase the thickness more than just the plate.
My question to that would be.
How would the rock shield be held in place?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Now thats a novel idea! A little extra work.
After thinking it over with @D1JL and looking at photos of rally cars, I might just delete the rock guard like everyone else. Most rally cars don't run them and use a different method for deflecting rocks away from the wheel/brakes. It seems to cause more trouble due to rocks getting stuck between the rotor and guard with the OEM unit.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
After thinking it over with @D1JL and looking at photos of rally cars, I might just delete the rock guard like everyone else. Most rally cars don't run them and use a different method for deflecting rocks away from the wheel/brakes. It seems to cause more trouble due to rocks getting stuck between the rotor and guard with the OEM unit.
This has actually become a consensus, I have noticed the same thing. For all intensive purposes rock guards are most likely a relic from earlier times. I think its like all the crazy things that manufacturers do to eliminate every single chance of possible NVH. There may not be any but they figured out it will help so they do it.
I point to the weights stuck on our stock struts as example.

Thats an Idea I did install my Camber plates with the backing plate and my abs light did come on,
So basically its hit or miss on if someones will but I recommend not using the stock backing plate which is actually just a stone guard. It is not a dust shield lol.

anyways updated price people now $85 shipped 1.8 degrees negative camber with these plates installed.
Can you make any to have -2 degrees

On really tight back roads where I am located, it can be felt, I can also feel it doing its thing when I'm braking hard.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk