Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Drag tire and wheel setup

I looked with little success. For those that drag race what wheel/tire setup are you running? New to fwd at the drag strip, what tire pressures are you guys having success with?

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
I'm looking for real world experience. Want a bias play slick. Being turbo would a 23 or 24" work better?

Last edited:
Stock gearing and diameter tire gets you 116mph in fourth gear. Most stock turbo cars are going to be 92-102 mph depending on tune/fmic/fuel. In theory I would think 23" would give you better acceleration and still have enough rev range to not be topped going through the traps. Most people I have helped with start around 20 psi and end up around 15ish tuning it for conditions. I've seen as low as 13psi needed on colder days.

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
Stock gearing and diameter tire gets you 116mph in fourth gear. Most stock turbo cars are going to be 92-102 mph depending on tune/fmic/fuel. In theory I would think 23" would give you better acceleration and still have enough rev range to not be topped going through the traps. Most people I have helped with start around 20 psi and end up around 15ish tuning it for conditions. I've seen as low as 13psi needed on colder days.
Excellent info, thanks for sharing!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I'm looking for real world experience. Want a bias play slick. Being turbo would a 23 or 24" work better?
the set up on our site (pictured above) has gone high 10's at 129MPH on a fiesta st
tires have been the go to after trying a few different taller sizes on our sponsored car with whoosh hybrid (11.8 best ET) and now with the G-Serties 25-550 (11.5 best ET)
hope that helps

I looked with little success. For those that drag race what wheel/tire setup are you running? New to fwd at the drag strip, what tire pressures are you guys having success with?
Like Ron said above, you will want the 23x7.5x15 M&H drag slicks and whatever wheel you like. I am going to upgrade to the VMS wheels at some time this year. But for now I just have a cheap set of aluminum 4x108 wheels and they work well. I tried a 24.5x8x15 and it was way too much tire for the car. It killed a ton of ET and MPH.