Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Drained brake lines. Is there any special way to refill and bleed?

So I took off my brake calipers to clean up, paint, ect, and replace everything. I drained the lines and I was wondering if there is any special things I have to do to refill the reservoir, lines, and brake? I tried searching around and couldn't come up with a real straight answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Nothing "special". Start from the furthest caliper and bleed until you have no air coming out, then move in to the next. - make sure that you don't drain the master cylinder! So, keep adding brake fluid - how you do it is dependent on the method of bleeding you chose.

OP
RhinoAl
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. That is how I have done them in the past. I just saw some people were saying that the abs had to be activated or something. Well regardless, it worked out alright. They are slightly mushy from how they were originally, but I just think that they need a little more bleeding. Probably just a air bubble or 2 in the line. Thanks again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bgd

On FISTs with the integrated caliper hand brake, Ford has you pumping the hand brake five times and bleed at each rear wheel along with the regular bleed. There is a posting out there of the applicable section of the service manual.