Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Drivers door mirror not working

Colly

I was wondering if anyone could help

I recently purchased a 2017 car and the drivers door mirror does not work. It does not adjust or fold in or out.. I bought a second hand switch on Ebay and it didnt fix the ptoblem. The pasenger side mirror works as it should, it adjusts and folds.

I would find it hard to believe that all the motors have failed in the mirror and I have been trying to connect a 12v supply directly to the mirror wiring connector to see if there is any life in the motors but Im not sure which wire is the ground / negative. I always thought Ford ground wires were black but googling different sites and information, it seems that ground wires are sometimes black and another colour. Does anyone have a link for the mirror wiring diagram or know what could be the problem ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was wondering if anyone could help

I recently purchased a 2017 car and the drivers door mirror does not work. It does not adjust or fold in or out.. I bought a second hand switch on Ebay and it didnt fix the ptoblem. The pasenger side mirror works as it should, it adjusts and folds.

I would find it hard to believe that all the motors have failed in the mirror and I have been trying to connect a 12v supply directly to the mirror wiring connector to see if there is any life in the motors but Im not sure which wire is the ground / negative. I always thought Ford ground wires were black but googling different sites and information, it seems that ground wires are sometimes black and another colour. Does anyone have a link for the mirror wiring diagram or know what could be the problem ?
Did you check the fuse for the mirror? Maybe they are on different circuits*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
C

Colly

Thread Starter #3
The only fuse that relates to the driver side door is the door module. According to the owners manual, there doesnt seem to be a seperate fuse for the mirror

OP
C

Colly

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the diagram. I will have to investigate this issue some more. Nothing is working in the mirror at all. The motors and lights are not working. I bought a second hand mirror but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'm thinking this is a wiring problem.

Thank you for your help so far