Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Driving with e30 on a 93 oct. tune -

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hell, even on a factory stock tune, a couple of gallons of E85 to a full tank of 93 made a noticeable difference, back when there was an E85 station closer to me than 25 miles away.

O.A.R. function working as it should?? [dunno]
Interesting. So adding e85, even if you don't have a tune for it, will make the car run better? Why would e85 do that? Higher octane?
Also, how does e85 help keep your engine cooler like Clint beastwood mentioned?
Sorry for all the questions, this e stuff is not something I was familiar with until I started reading on this forum.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Interesting. So adding e85, even if you don't have a tune for it, will make the car run better? Why would e85 do that? Higher octane?
Also, how does e85 help keep your engine cooler like Clint beastwood mentioned?
Sorry for all the questions, this e stuff is not something I was familiar with until I started reading on this forum.
Yeap...higher octane and less detonation prone* But brings down the Fuel economy! Totally worth it though!

Last edited:
Cut my 1/4 ET from 13.01 to 12.61 while running a mix of 93 octane and ethanol on a 93 tune. Higher octane and lower combination temperature.
However, I still recommend an E30 tune for peake performance.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wonder if an e30 tune is in my future . . .
One more question, at the gas pumps, I read yellow is e85. All the yellow pumps here say flex fuel. I assume that's e85?
Example picture. The yellow is what I want?
IMG_20220209_231207955.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wonder if an e30 tune is in my future . . .
One more question, at the gas pumps, I read yellow is e85. All the yellow pumps here say flex fuel. I assume that's e85?
Example picture. The yellow is what I want?
View attachment 46885
You aren't putting in 87 are you? If so you're only cheating yourself out of the cars full potential of not running on 93 at minimum of 91. Mine only gets 93 or the mix of 93 and e85 to get e50 for my 4 port and BT. But yes... when the pump is Yellow it indicates e85 and the pump usually states the legal disclaimer of it may be anywhere between 51% and 83% of e85 by law.

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You aren't putting in 87 are you? If so you're only cheating yourself out of the cars full potential of not running on 93 at minimum of 91. Mine only gets 93 or the mix of 93 and e85 to get e50 for my 4 port and BT. But yes... when the pump is Yellow it indicates e85 and the pump usually states the legal disclaimer of it may be anywhere between 51% and 83% of e85 by law.
No, definitely not putting in 87, I've never seen 91 here, so I use 93.
Thanks, that 51% - 83% is why I decided to ask here. Better to ask a kinda stupid question than end up with a blown up engine πŸ˜‚
I know some people can't find e85, but here half of our Sheetz have it as well as a couple other stations. I guess I was under the impression that it's rare and hard to find. Good to know if I ever get a ethanol tune.