Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dyno with upgraded turbo and stock dp

It feels slow as hell too. I'm in San Jose, CA. Basically sea level. When I was on stock turbo E30, I'd feel the acceleration in the low and mid range. Now it only feels fast close to 6k RPM. The car is definitely a lot faster now, but I think it was more fun on stock turbo.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A DP won't make a difference with a stock-body turbo - proven over and over. That said, a hybrid should have a similar low-end to stock; it won't kick you in the butt at 2.5k like the stock does but there should be lots of spool down low, still. Whose turbo and tune are you running?

CSM

1000 Post Club
No actual dyno graphs, but Ive done a few V dyno pulls on my E30 tune Catless DP and then when I switched back to OEM DP and the loss in HP was minimal, around 3-4whp. Its hard to tell a difference. OEM Downpipe flows pretty good for stock framed hybrid turbos

Last edited:
OP
F
Thread Starter #7
No actual dyno graphs, but Ive done a few V dyno pulls on my E30 tune Catless DP and then when I switched back to OEM DP and the loss in HP was minimal, around 3-4whp. Its hard to tell a difference. OEM Downpipe flows pretty good for stock framed hybrid turbos
Awesome thanks for the input. I think I’m gonna try it on the stock downpipe and post updates later on. I’d rather spend the money on a e30 tune