Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

e85 injectors/fuel pump

So its my understanding the reasons why we cant run e85 is the injectors and possibly a HPFP? Is there something unique about our injectors? Deatschwerks is here in OKC I have had them supply injectors for my Vq35hr and Sr20 builds. I could check with them.

DaveG99

This has nothing to do with fiesta injectors but on my 420a eclipse I was running a walbro pump and ford lighting injectors. It was pretty cool that they fit in my car.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Barking up the wrong tree, DI is totally different than regular fuel injection, no solutions yet and not sure ever will be other than a 5th injector or Meth/Water injection if you want to go big turbo or even max out the Cyborg, the stock system cannot supply enough fuel for big power and the stock turbo Donkey Kick is more illusion of power than power one can use.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
We tried to run E85 and found no performance difference in the tuning beyond E50 From what i was told and as we pushed to E85 for just the ease of filling the car with fuel (not having to mix) we found the LPFP (low pressure fuel pump) started falling of and could not keep up supplying the HPFP with the Stratified Aux Fuel SYS and the factory injectors. If you want the technical info reach out to Russ at DHM. though he is busy as a one legged man at a azz kickingfest right now so it may take a while to hear back..

There is a Walbro in tank fuel pump that can run return less and supply enough fuel for E85 but it would need an modified fuel pump hat, possibly an upgraded fuel line and an expensive aux injector setup.

Bottom line you need a really good reason to justify an E85 conversion.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the input, I know right when I left the Fiat Abarth world they had e85 injectors available.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
But my Abarth wasnt a DI motor. At the level I was at tuning wise I had more horsepower, kinda miss it
torque was about the same.

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
For some reason R.I.P. tuning in OKC shys awaya from e mixes. He doea a ton of Mits e85 tunes.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Once you hit MBT it is pointless to add octane. Not only can our stock fuel system not keep up, it would be a waste if it could because you can easily achieve MBT with a much lower ethanol blend.